PAWSTALK ANIMAL COMMUNICATION > Animal Communication & Pet Chat

Psychic Skills

<< < (2/3) > >>

Beautyistruth:
I figured you would have some questions about it, as I did leave it kind of vague. To answer you about the "what humans simply cannot do," I wrote that specifically thinking of healing and how caught up I became in feeling that, among other things, they wanted me to [very literally] cure people with cancer. (In my own belief, God heals. He can heal through us, but it's by His power, not ours.) It didn't matter so much if they told me verbally that they didn't expect these things of me; even if they said that, I still knew they had such high hopes for what I could do. I was a kid among all these adults, the little prodigy under their tutelage. And even if they said otherwise, I knew they talked among themselves about me, I knew that, in the crisis they would still come running to me, even if they said they just wanted me to live a normal child/teenager's life.

As for your second question, I think the uncomfortableness came partially from both those things you listed, but mainly from the bottom line of trying to take control over things I (all along, if subconsciously) didn't actually believe I should be doing/controlling. Does that make any sense?

bigcaat:

--- Quote from: Beautyistruth on June 03, 2011, 11:42:53 AM ---I figured you would have some questions about it, as I did leave it kind of vague. To answer you about the "what humans simply cannot do," I wrote that specifically thinking of healing and how caught up I became in feeling that, among other things, they wanted me to [very literally] cure people with cancer. (In my own belief, God heals. He can heal through us, but it's by His power, not ours.) It didn't matter so much if they told me verbally that they didn't expect these things of me; even if they said that, I still knew they had such high hopes for what I could do. I was a kid among all these adults, the little prodigy under their tutelage. And even if they said otherwise, I knew they talked among themselves about me, I knew that, in the crisis they would still come running to me, even if they said they just wanted me to live a normal child/teenager's life.

As for your second question, I think the uncomfortableness came partially from both those things you listed, but mainly from the bottom line of trying to take control over things I (all along, if subconsciously) didn't actually believe I should be doing/controlling. Does that make any sense?

--- End quote ---
That does make sense. It also makes me a little sad that that happened to you...for a couple of different reasons. First of all, I am a big proponent of encouraging children when adults recognize psychic skills. But the line between encouragement and abuse is a very fine line. It sounds to me as though the expectations put on you were sort of like an adult confiding in their child about a divorce or a personal matter. That's inappropriate and damaging to children in that it affects the way they look at relationships or whatever for the rest of their lives.

I hope I'm not stepping out of line here, but it seems kind of like that with you only in a more subtle way. (I don't doubt for a minute that your instincts about what their expectations were because I understand how that is. I find myself in situations where people are saying one thing to me and I just 'know' it's something different, and I know it's my intuition that's telling me, not my fears.)

So, it makes me sad because, I mean, here you have this beautiful gift ... not of healing people of cancer or performing miracles, but of assisting people in whatever way your gift would allow you to assist them. I feel like the pressure they put on you drove you away from that gift altogether, and sometimes when the pendulum swings, it gets stuck there and it's hard to allow it to swing back and balance in the middle.

I never figured that this original post would have led here, but the irony, in my humble belief, is that His power IS through us. Those of us who have that gift have been chosen to assist in whatever He gave us the gift to assist for. And it seems that it's not so much the power that is the problem, because we can accept or not accept to utilize that gift that to whatever extent we choose, as you have done, but more the expectation of power from people who don't have that gift and clearly don't understand. As an adult, it's much easier to reconcile that, but as a child, it's too much pressure.

Don't know if I'm just rambling now, but it's sort of like when I first went professional in AC. For years, people kept saying to me, "You are so good, you have to start doing it professionally..." "You have to start doing it professionally."  But I resisted because I didn't want to work with lost animals. I just hate it. It's too depressing, it's too draining, it's too hard. I just didn't want to do it. It wasn't until I started looking around and saw that other people don't do them that I realized, "I don't have to 'not' do it at all, I can just put my own restrictions on it. If I don't want to do lost animals, I simply will not do lost animals. I will refer them to someone who does." And that's what I do. The minute I let that go, everything changed.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not trying to talk you into anything, I just started writing my train of thought. I really appreciate the conversation. I love hearing about other people's experiences with all of this.

Hugs,
Caat

Beautyistruth:
Well, I think we're kind of on the same page. I don't think they ever meant to make me feel that way, but obviously it happened. However, I really am much happier now and feel like a great weight has been lifted from me ever since I changed my thinking, so I guess it all worked out okay. And I do love working with the animals. :)

bigcaat:
The animals never let you down. :)

C.

twentyfivecats:
I'm starting to wonder if I should give this other stuff a go... wouldn't know where to start though.

I think the thing is that, I can see myself working with animals because it feels 'less scary' because they all 100% know that they are spiritual beings, and also, they lead much less drama-filled lives. I think it'd be harder to assist people than animals with everything that people have going on. Like, people have all their filters and many things they've been conditioned to believe, not just about spirituality, but heaps of things. It's like, you'd need to break through that with them before you can help them at all...
I don't know, it just seems scarier!

Also, in my head, if I saw a dead animal or spoke to one, I wouldn't be intimidated or frightened at all. Whereas, if ever I saw a human in spirit, it'd probably freak me out. I don't really know why...
Maybe I've been watching too much 'Medium' (tv show vaguely about famous psychic Allison DuBois), where the spirits can act in frightening ways! I don't knowwww....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version