Author Topic: Strange Behavior....please, can you help?  (Read 2892 times)

September 09, 2010, 05:34:38 AM
  • Suit of Cups
My Yorkie, Mugsy who is very alpha and verbal acted so strange yesterday.  I've never seen a dog act like this....have you? Yesterday morning he suddenly started staring upwards and twitching his nose, sniffing without stop.  He was shaking and very worried acting. It wasn't a seizure...doesn't have those.  I picked him up to comfort him and his body went  rigid....he squirmed and didn't want to be held.  All he would do is sniff the air and look upwards. He then explored the house, going to every room like he was looking for something.  What on earth was wrong with him?  After an hour, he was his usual self, playing with his blue teddy bear. Can someone talk to him to find out what upset him so much? I will be glad to give feedback.   We are in Denton Texas.  Here is Mugsy's recent photo taken on vacation in North Carolina...he is almost three years old. 
Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace.
Albert Schweitzer

September 19, 2010, 06:52:44 PM
Reply #1
  • Suit of Cups
Karena, I've been wanting to sit and talk with Mugsy.  finally gave it a try tonight and
got nothing.  Just couldn't seen to tap into his wave length.  I'll try again when I get
some time.
Gracie

September 19, 2010, 07:21:38 PM
Reply #2
  • Suit of Cups
Karena, I've been wanting to sit and talk with Mugsy.  finally gave it a try tonight and
got nothing.  Just couldn't seen to tap into his wave length.  I'll try again when I get
some time.
Gracie

Hi Gracie, I would appreciate it so much if you can give it a try later....maybe he is being stubborn. He does have a very different personality compared to other dogs I've had. Even as a tiny puppy he was unusually smart.

HUGS

Karena
Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace.
Albert Schweitzer

November 23, 2010, 05:59:53 PM
Reply #3
When I connected to Mugsy....

First, I saw an opposum, and that Mugsy was very bothered by this animal.  I think it was an animal in spirit, and Mugsy
saw it or felt it go by.  Then I saw a skunk...not sure if they two had fought, but I had that impression that the Skunk
sprayed the opposum, then it must have gotten hit by a car. 

It sounds bizarre, that that is exactly what I saw.  Did you notice any animals on your road around that time?
IndigoKat

November 23, 2010, 07:53:51 PM
Reply #4
  • Suit of Cups
How strange, IndigoKat! Yes, there was a young skunk dead in the road a couple of days ago....down from the house. Sometimes we can smell skunks in the backyard. I don't know if you'll think it means anything but there have been some disturbances at the back fence at night.  The neighbor dogs are very upset and I hear them jumping at the fence.  Mugsy and Ziggy are always inside at night but they bark when they hear the neighbor dogs outside. My next door neighbor even came over to ask me if I'd heard anything strange.  We have a big field behind us and there are coyotes, skunks, opposum, field mice. A few months ago there was an opposum sitting on the back fence and Mugsy wanted to go after him.  Another time an opposum was up in our tree. A couple of weeks ago we saw a big owl just sitting on the back fence facing the house. Lately I hear him making the "who" sound all the time right before sun up. We also see a small hawk on the fence quite a bit.  I walked right up to him and he didn't fly away. There is a big tree with a nest of hawks further out in the field but this is a different, smaller type. Does this help? This is very interesting...THANK YOU. Please let me know if you think this has any more meaning. I'm thinking owls are a messenger bird...can't remember the details though.

It has been a couple of months since Mugsy had his frantic staring upward episode. Maybe he saw the ghosts of my two dogs, Willie and KoKo....they are buried out in the backyard. 
Albert Schweitzer

November 23, 2010, 08:48:23 PM
Reply #5
Well, I always say my first impression and it was the opposum, they make a low odd noise and maybe the dogs are hearing it, and maybe he smelled the skunk spray or something, but I am picking up that your dogs are hearing all these wild creatures in the back yard, lol.. how cool is that??  Yes I saw that the skunk sprayed and then headed to the road, but I thought the opposum might have gotten hit...thats wierd I know!

I am thinking that Mugsy is more sensitive to the spirit world and is interacting with them.  I have had my little Petie, who passed away last fall, come and visit.  My other cats hiss and freeze and growl... when you go to pick them up they scram.  It makes me laugh, because I wonder if Petie is messing with them and trying to "spook" them LOL.  Maybe he brings other spirits with him when he visits and that is what is spooking my other cats.

So maybe, your Mugsy is picking up on your dogs that have passed over, and they have other spirits with them, possibly relatives? that he is picking up on?  What do you think?
IndigoKat

November 23, 2010, 09:29:25 PM
Reply #6
  • Suit of Cups
Well, I always say my first impression and it was the opposum, they make a low odd noise and maybe the dogs are hearing it, and maybe he smelled the skunk spray or something, but I am picking up that your dogs are hearing all these wild creatures in the back yard, lol.. how cool is that??  Yes I saw that the skunk sprayed and then headed to the road, but I thought the opposum might have gotten hit...thats wierd I know!

I am thinking that Mugsy is more sensitive to the spirit world and is interacting with them.  I have had my little Petie, who passed away last fall, come and visit.  My other cats hiss and freeze and growl... when you go to pick them up they scram.  It makes me laugh, because I wonder if Petie is messing with them and trying to "spook" them LOL.  Maybe he brings other spirits with him when he visits and that is what is spooking my other cats.

So maybe, your Mugsy is picking up on your dogs that have passed over, and they have other spirits with them, possibly relatives? that he is picking up on?  What do you think?

Yes, I think you are right.  Mugsy is more sensitive than any other dog I've had.  He often stares intently right above my head like he sees something or someone up there....freaks me out, lol.  He also seems to know who Willie is....its almost scary but if  I say Willie's name, Mugsy starts looking around the room like he knows he is there in spirit. Willie died 5 years ago...he was my Sheltie.

I'm sorry to hear about your little Petie.  Very glad he is with you in spirit....and it seems he has a wonderful sense of humor!  Isn't it great that we still have them around?  It doesn't hurt as bad to lose them knowing they are with us.

I keep thinking about those birds coming around and sitting on the fence...the owl and the hawk.  It seems odd that they didn't act scared of me.  Maybe they were just on the fence waiting for a field mouse to come by.  But do you think they might be messengers?

I enjoy this very much... to talk about our pets.
Albert Schweitzer

November 23, 2010, 09:55:15 PM
Reply #7
I also enjoy it very much!

This is my interpretation:

Hawk -  Good omens, messages from spirit guides, guardianship, protection

Owl - Receiving insight for others or self, wisdom, messenger of secrets and omens.

That is really odd that the hawk did not fly away, but he could be a messenger to you from your spirit guides/angels or crossed over loved ones/pets. 

We have a cardinal that my dad sends and its just crazy, because we can sit on the back porch and the cardinal comes and sits 2 feet away from us and just looks at us!  On the anniversary of my dads b-day this year, that cardinal did some crazy flying by my front door, in that he flew up and did a circle around the porch light three times! like a hover craft LOL..we had just pulled into the drive and sat with our mouths hanging open watching this stunt.....so maybe this is what is going on with your birds too?  Spirit can use an animals...birds, butterflies, dragonflies, deer, squirrel etc. to communicate with us.
IndigoKat

November 23, 2010, 10:56:34 PM
Reply #8
  • Suit of Cups
I also enjoy it very much!

This is my interpretation:

Hawk -  Good omens, messages from spirit guides, guardianship, protection

Owl - Receiving insight for others or self, wisdom, messenger of secrets and omens.

That is really odd that the hawk did not fly away, but he could be a messenger to you from your spirit guides/angels or crossed over loved ones/pets. 

We have a cardinal that my dad sends and its just crazy, because we can sit on the back porch and the cardinal comes and sits 2 feet away from us and just looks at us!  On the anniversary of my dads b-day this year, that cardinal did some crazy flying by my front door, in that he flew up and did a circle around the porch light three times! like a hover craft LOL..we had just pulled into the drive and sat with our mouths hanging open watching this stunt.....so maybe this is what is going on with your birds too?  Spirit can use an animals...birds, butterflies, dragonflies, deer, squirrel etc. to communicate with us.

I love that about your Dad's cardinal...I feel sure its from him, he is still around, looking at you and watching over you.  Sounds like the flying around is him telling you he is most definitely still with you and celebrating his BD from this life!

There is this one squirrel in my yard that takes a peanut out of my hand....he is so cute.  The other squirrels run away from me but that one in particular is friendly.  He(or she) makes eye contact when taking the peanut. Real bonding eye contact so I have a feeling he is a spirit animal.  Do you know how to find out who your spirit guide is?   I'm learning a lot of good things from the forums here but still have a lot more to learn. Like that hawk that didn't fly away...if he is a messenger, wish I knew what he is trying to tell me.
Albert Schweitzer

November 24, 2010, 08:39:42 PM
Reply #9
Animal Totems....That is what I do for a living actually, I an am animal path reiki practitioner and I have a private practice office and I help people who come to my sessions discover their inner totem pole.  You have eight chakras where the animals are, they are lined up just like the Native American totem pole.  When I am doing a session I am able to "see" and intuitively interact with the animals that are at each chakra, spirit guides, crossed over loved ones and pets to name a few : )

You have such a close bond with the animals in your yard! wow, that is remarkable about the squirrel, the hawk and the owl, really neat!
IndigoKat

November 28, 2010, 06:46:40 AM
Reply #10
  • Suit of Cups
Indigocat, that is a real gift. Would like to learn more about your Reiki practice. Want to check into chakras.  Have always been interested in Native American beliefs...including the totem poles and their meaning.  My grt grandmother was Cherokee so it makes it all the more interesting.  She loved animals...always saving her hair for the birds to put in their nests.
Albert Schweitzer