Author Topic: Lost Dog  (Read 1350 times)

July 27, 2012, 06:10:57 AM
  • Suit of Pentacles
  • Welcome
  • Animals: 2 dogs, 1 cat
I don't know the family involved, but have been following this story of a local beagle who is missing.  If anyone has any insights, I can pass on to the family via Facebook.  I know that lost/missing animals can be very difficult to get a read on.... but thought it's worth a try....

Triton has been missing since Tuesday, June 5th.  He was last seen in Burlington, Ontario, Canada.  He is a neutered male, 4 yrs. old. 

Thanks in advance!

August 13, 2012, 10:19:40 AM
Reply #1
  • Suit of Cups
  • Hello! Thanks for visiting my profile. :)
  • Animals: Guinea pig named Cappuccino, dog named Hogan
If he is still missing, I will do my best to contact him today or tomorrow. Are there any leads?

August 13, 2012, 01:03:58 PM
Reply #2
  • Suit of Pentacles
  • Welcome
Hi Queen,   Sadly, Triton is still missing.  I don't know him or his family at all, I just heard about him as I live in the community. There has been a lot of interest through posters, a pet photography awareness evening, Facebook, etc.  The only lead that I've heard of is that he may have been taken by a man.  Not much to go on....  I just thought I'd put it out there.... just in case!  If you have any luck, I'll pass it on to his family!
Thanks for taking an interest! 

August 13, 2012, 02:53:05 PM
Reply #3
  • Suit of Cups
No problem! Will be talking to him in the next few minutes. :)

August 13, 2012, 03:16:07 PM
Reply #4
  • Suit of Cups
I had a bit of trouble connecting with him, but eventually I was able to. He seemed fairly agitated.

bold is me, normal is him

[introductions] Triton, I'm trying to help you. I know that you're missing and your family is looking for you. I'm going to try to help you get back home. Can you tell me what happened?

I'm seeing images of a blue pickup truck that he's chasing after, he's getting really excited. I think this is when he went missing, how he got lost. Then I also see a cat by a patch of bushes. He goes into the bushes. Then I see him walking through the streets, and he's getting scared. He tells me he went into a "blue store" and I'm not sure what this means. Then I see him again walking through the streets. He says it's dark and his paws hurt and he's lost. I'm guessing this is still the day it happened. He doesn't mention someone taking him, though he shows me what he says "a man on a bicycle" and I don't know what exactly happened with this man.

Then what happened?

He shows me a sunny porch, looking out onto a lawn. He seems kind of sad. There is a white tree near the house, I think a cherry blossom tree, with white blossoms. It overlooks the porch, which is made of a light colored wood. The house is light colored, white, light blue, or yellow possibly.

Is that where you are now?

I'm a bit confused now, because he shows me a dark room, I'm assuming it's a basement. There are empty flowerpots there, and a single window that light comes out of. He says that's he's "really hungry" and that he's been hungry for a long time. He's very adamant about this fact. He doesn't sound very happy. He keeps saying that he's hungry. It's pretty dirty there.  I'm also getting the image of a tall woman who has light curly blonde hair. He is very persistent about her. I'm not sure if she is his owner, or the person there, or at the other house with the porch.

I tell him that he needs to try and find help, and get out of this situation. I tell him to stay away from cars and try to find nice people who will take him to a shelter. I tell him that his family is still looking for him and missing him.

I think he understands, and he tells me to check back in on him later.

We say our goodbyes.

---

I'm hoping this is of use to you. Please let me know of any updates. Thank you so much.

EDIT - I went on Google and read up about Triton's story....and as it turns out the pickup truck I mentioned wasn't part of his running away, but that was a simple assumption on my part. It's possible that it was simply part of what happened, as he did not directly tell me that he had followed the truck. But apparently two bicyclists had followed him, and so that's why I saw the man on the bike, which was an excellent confirmation for me! So please let me know if you find out anything.

Please pass it on to her!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 03:42:20 PM by TwistedQueen »

August 14, 2012, 06:25:23 AM
Reply #5
  • Suit of Pentacles
  • Welcome
Hi TQ,  I just spoke with Lauren, Triton's mom.  She was very thankful for the information and wondered if you would mind giving her your email address; she had some questions that I wasn't able to answer. 

I am sending you a personal message, with email address.

Thanks so much for your help!
Liz

August 14, 2012, 08:35:16 AM
Reply #6
  • Suit of Cups
No problem, and feel free to give her my email address! I'm glad to help.