Author Topic: Would like to know what my dog thinks about life  (Read 1490 times)

August 11, 2011, 11:40:02 AM
  • Suit of Pentacles
I don't know why, but I find it difficult to communicate with my own pets. Currently, I just have one - a 22 month old male rottweiler named Kona. He is the sweetest dog I think I've ever owned and I'm wondering what he thinks about things.

1. Does he like going into the show ring with Leanne? (If he indicates 'yes', could you please tell him he needs to let the judges touch him all over....even "them"...without sitting down)
2. Why doesn't he like the dog who visits next door?
3. Why does he flap his ears so vigourously - especially in the morning?
4. Why does he feel the need to "attack" the vacuum and snow shovel when we're using them?
5. Does he know any of my dogs who have passed on before he arrived here? (I have a strong suspicion he was "paw-picked" for me)
6. Is there anything he'd like us to know?

Kona is affectionately referred to as the "big lug". He's a large boy with an equally large heart. He is, by far, the easiest dog I've ever had the pleasure of living with.

Thanks

August 12, 2011, 07:14:46 PM
Reply #1
  • Suit of Cups
  • Hello! Thanks for visiting my profile. :)
  • Animals: Guinea pig named Cappuccino, dog named Hogan
Hi,

I will be happy to contact him, perhaps tomorrow. ^_^

Queen

September 06, 2011, 10:31:43 PM
Reply #2
  • Suit of Swords
  • Animals: Horse, Cat, Dog, Finches
Hi Fcrmom,

I did my best with Kona - hopefully this helps.

He says he likes the show ring, but he has yet to understand why it happens and what the point is. He feels as though he would like you to explain it and it's importance one-on-one with him.

When I asked him about the next door dog I got the feeling that the other dog pesters him, so Kona doesn't have a chance to properly meet this other dog. I also got the impression that the other dog jumped on him.

Kona is worried that something will crawl in his ears when he is sleeping, perhaps this has happened before and he fears it will again.

I asked him about the vacuum and shovel, but could not get a clear answer from him. He seemed to jump from not understanding the point of chores to the idea that he would rather you play with him.

When I asked him if he knows any previous dogs who you knew, he showed me a yellow coloured dog.

September 19, 2011, 03:26:59 AM
Reply #3
  • Suit of Pentacles
    • Whispers from the forest
  • Animals: 2 lovely lurchers :)
Hi, I had a go, and got different answers but here goes...

He thinks the ring is too noisy.
The dog next door smells funny!
He does that with his ears to clean them out?
The vaccum is noisy.
Did you have a German Shepherd called Sally?
The message is: more walks!

Hope that helps x

November 08, 2011, 08:24:20 AM
Reply #4
  • Suit of Pentacles
  • Animals: 4 dogs, 2 cats, 3 horses
Hi littleriver...I'm a newbie so please don't expect too much.  Also, I didn't look at the other answers below so forgive me if these questions were already answered.

1.  He said he doesn't mind the show ring.  I got the sense that he didn't realize or care for the competitive part of it but he will stay up from now on.
2.  The dog next door is loud and high strung
3.  He's getting everything "going" for the day...like a warmup?
4.  "They disturb the peace."  My own dogs attack the vacuum so I may be filtering the answer with my own pre-conceived notions.
5.  Name "Cleo" popped into mind and the sense that he was a "nice guy"
6.  He gets a little nervous/anxious when he sees you and others in the house actively working...I got the image of someone quickly preparing food in the kitchen as if they got home late and were rushing around.

November 09, 2011, 01:10:31 PM
Reply #5
  • Suit of Pentacles
  • Welcome
Hi... practicing, very new at this but here's what I got when I tuned in to Kona:

He likes to follow mom around & wants to please.

answers to your questions:

1.  Doesn't mind going in ring but not sure what he's supposed to do.

2. Dog next door "takes over" & he wants to protect household.

3. Ears are itchy and flapping feels good.

4. Vacuum & shovel - he's not going to let them "get" you, feels they are threatening you.  Sent him image of him sitting quietly & watching while you use them, and then him getting pets and good stuff.

5. Says he knew all the dogs you had and was just "waiting his turn" to be yours.

6. Wants you to know - he needs to understand what you want from him.

Those are the messages I got.  He seems like such a sweet and accommodating boy, and is he ever handsome!
Tami