Author Topic: Another new student  (Read 2828 times)

May 15, 2006, 10:03:31 PM
Hi: I have spent several years writing a novel in which one of the characters communicates with animals. I am taking a short break before I do the final edit. I suddenly had an urge to try and find out if it is really possible to communicate with animals. I have read most of the books mentioned in posts but am not close to any classes nor do I know anyone personally who says they can do this. I need validation and the only practising I have done is with my dog. My novel is my priority, but I would be so excited to experience an actual conversation with an animal.
I almost signed up to go to Costa Rico for nine days with Penelope Smith but then decided I was too fat to go swimming with whales.
Ann

May 16, 2006, 07:01:13 AM
Reply #1
  • Suit of Cups
  • ***
  • Posts: 201
  • Karma: 0
Welcome Ann!  Funny post about swimming with whales, lol.  I can totally relate to that!

The best way to begin communicating is to just jump in.  You've already done the groundwork by reading books, etc.  In many of the earlier posts in sections around this board, people give lots of helpful hints and insights in a variety of areas.  The time spent browsing through is well worth it, in my humble opinion anyway.

One way to help you validate in a private manner (eventually we all have to put ourselves out on that limb, lol) would be to do readings on any of the animals posted here, before you read other students' communications.  You can then go back and compare what you got to what others picked up and what the owner reported about it.  

It only takes a few successful readings to really be jazzed about it!  Good luck and again, welcome aboard.

Vicki

May 16, 2006, 07:01:49 AM
Reply #2
  • Suit of Cups
  • ***
  • Posts: 201
  • Karma: 0
Welcome Ann!  Funny post about swimming with whales, lol.  I can totally relate to that!

The best way to begin communicating is to just jump in.  You've already done the groundwork by reading books, etc.  In many of the earlier posts in sections around this board, people give lots of helpful hints and insights in a variety of areas.  The time spent browsing through is well worth it, in my humble opinion anyway.

One way to help you validate in a private manner (eventually we all have to put ourselves out on that limb, lol) would be to do readings on any of the animals posted here, before you read other students' communications.  You can then go back and compare what you got to what others picked up and what the owner reported about it.  

It only takes a few successful readings to really be jazzed about it!  Good luck and again, welcome aboard.

Vicki

May 16, 2006, 09:54:56 PM
Reply #3
Quote from: "VeeRae"
Welcome Ann!  Funny post about swimming with whales, lol.  I can totally relate to that!

The best way to begin communicating is to just jump in.  You've already done the groundwork by reading books, etc.  In many of the earlier posts in sections around this board, people give lots of helpful hints and insights in a variety of areas.  The time spent browsing through is well worth it, in my humble opinion anyway.

One way to help you validate in a private manner (eventually we all have to put ourselves out on that limb, lol) would be to do readings on any of the animals posted here, before you read other students' communications.  You can then go back and compare what you got to what others picked up and what the owner reported about it.  

It only takes a few successful readings to really be jazzed about it!  Good luck and again, welcome aboard.

Vicki

Hi Vicki:
Thanks that's a good idea. I never thought of that. Ann

May 19, 2006, 07:02:11 PM
Reply #4
  • Administrator
  • Major Arcana
  • *****
  • Posts: 1428
  • Karma: 2
  • Life is a journey, not a destination
    • Pawstalk Animal Communication & Reiki
  • Animals: 2 Male Cats: Cuba & Makana
Quote from: "gorilla1"
Hi: I have spent several years writing a novel in which one of the characters communicates with animals. I am taking a short break before I do the final edit. I suddenly had an urge to try and find out if it is really possible to communicate with animals. I have read most of the books mentioned in posts but am not close to any classes nor do I know anyone personally who says they can do this. I need validation and the only practising I have done is with my dog. My novel is my priority, but I would be so excited to experience an actual conversation with an animal.
I almost signed up to go to Costa Rico for nine days with Penelope Smith but then decided I was too fat to go swimming with whales.
Ann

Hi Ann,
Welcome.  I agree with Vicki.  Step your toe in the water and then little by little take a bigger risk.  Glad to have you here. :-)

Caat
Animal Communication & Reiki: http://www.pawstalk.net
Psychic/Medium: http://www.spiritcaat.com
Metaphysical Network of Sites: http://www.lisalarson.net

May 19, 2006, 09:35:29 PM
Reply #5
I guess this is where I should have sent my reply. I sent you a private message instead. I haven't figured everything out yet.
I got a lovely surprise today. We went to Fred Myer's Garden Dept. I was standing at the cash out staring at a plant when I thought I saw something move. Then I saw a little squirrel thing peeping out of a potted plant. I thought it can't be real it's got to be one of those ornaments they sell. The little creature took off. It was a chipmunk. Apparently they frequent Fred Myer's Garden Dept. It was so cute.
Ann

May 19, 2006, 10:03:14 PM
Reply #6
  • Administrator
  • Major Arcana
  • *****
  • Posts: 1428
  • Karma: 2
  • Life is a journey, not a destination
    • Pawstalk Animal Communication & Reiki
  • Animals: 2 Male Cats: Cuba & Makana
Quote from: "gorilla1"
I guess this is where I should have sent my reply. I sent you a private message instead. I haven't figured everything out yet.
I got a lovely surprise today. We went to Fred Myer's Garden Dept. I was standing at the cash out staring at a plant when I thought I saw something move. Then I saw a little squirrel thing peeping out of a potted plant. I thought it can't be real it's got to be one of those ornaments they sell. The little creature took off. It was a chipmunk. Apparently they frequent Fred Myer's Garden Dept. It was so cute.
Ann

Ahhhh.   I love those little encounters. :-)   Those are the times you should try to communicate.  So what if you can't get it validated.  Jump in there and see what you get. You'll be surprised.  

How close are you to finishing your book?

Caat
Animal Communication & Reiki: http://www.pawstalk.net
Psychic/Medium: http://www.spiritcaat.com
Metaphysical Network of Sites: http://www.lisalarson.net

May 21, 2006, 01:50:36 AM
Reply #7
Hi Caat:
I have finished the story part of my book and have had it read on a writer's forum and critiqued. Now I need to go over everything and do a final edit. I am out of sorts lately because I found out in the New Year that my sister is a serious alcoholic. She has been hospitalized three or four times this year and has damaged her body so badly. I feel really helpless and sad. I am also in a lot of denial that this could possibly be happening. I will start writing again soon. My book deals with animals in a laboratory setting and I hope it will help raise some awareness of animal issues.
Ann.

May 21, 2006, 08:39:20 AM
Reply #8
  • Administrator
  • Major Arcana
  • *****
  • Posts: 1428
  • Karma: 2
  • Life is a journey, not a destination
    • Pawstalk Animal Communication & Reiki
  • Animals: 2 Male Cats: Cuba & Makana
Quote from: "gorilla1"
Hi Caat:
I have finished the story part of my book and have had it read on a writer's forum and critiqued. Now I need to go over everything and do a final edit. I am out of sorts lately because I found out in the New Year that my sister is a serious alcoholic. She has been hospitalized three or four times this year and has damaged her body so badly. I feel really helpless and sad. I am also in a lot of denial that this could possibly be happening. I will start writing again soon. My book deals with animals in a laboratory setting and I hope it will help raise some awareness of animal issues.
Ann.

I'm sorry, Ann, about your sister.  I know the issue well.  Have you been to, or considered going to, any Al-Anon or Co-dependent's Anonymous meetings?  If not, you might look into it in your area.  They may really help.  Also, if the first one doesn't feel right, just keep going to others until you find one that fits you.  They all have different personalities.

Try to remember that this is something that is beyond your control.  The only person who can really help your sister is your sister.  And she is only going to help herself when she is ready, no matter what you, or anyone else, says or does.    

A couple of books you might consider reading are "Co-Dependent No More" by Melody Beatty  -- http://snipurl.com/qr7c -- and "Toxic Parents" by Susan Forward -- http://snipurl.com/qr7j

Your book sounds interesting.  I think it's great you want to raise awareness for those around us who are the most helpless in the face of the discrimination and abuse they suffer.  Keep us posted, on all fronts.

My very best,
Caat
Animal Communication & Reiki: http://www.pawstalk.net
Psychic/Medium: http://www.spiritcaat.com
Metaphysical Network of Sites: http://www.lisalarson.net

May 21, 2006, 07:55:46 PM
Reply #9
Hi Caat:
Am well aware of the books. I have been there before. But I'm not a codependent this time I haven't seen my sister for years. What is killing me this time is that she is hospitalized every four weeks very sick and I think death is less than a year away if this continues. Even though I know she has to stop by herself it is not pretty to watch even from afar.  But I know you were trying to help and I really appreciate that. Any support is welcomed.
Ann.

May 21, 2006, 07:56:13 PM
Reply #10
Hi Caat:
Am well aware of the books. I have been there before. But I'm not a codependent this time I haven't seen my sister for years. What is killing me this time is that she is hospitalized every four weeks very sick and I think death is less than a year away if this continues. Even though I know she has to stop by herself it is not pretty to watch even from afar.  But I know you were trying to help and I really appreciate that. Any support is welcomed.
Ann.

May 23, 2006, 10:00:00 AM
Reply #11
  • Suit of Pentacles
  • *
  • Posts: 47
  • Karma: 0
Ann,


If it is any comfort, I have seen people go in and out of treatment for years and still continue to live. No, the quality of life is not great, but there is something where they still survive and sometimes they finally get it. The only thing that really works is a long term residential program. Living for six months to a year in a sober house.

For you, instead of focusing on her issue and feeling bad which is not healthy for you, it is a great opportunity to surrender the entire situation to the universe and trust that what is meant to be will be. Send her good positive energy and that is all about you can do.

Blessings to both,

Sylvia

May 23, 2006, 09:38:29 PM
Reply #12
Sylvia: Thanks for your kind thoughts. Unfortunately there has been a lot of brain damage and liver damage already that is why we are thinking her life will be greatly shortened or of very poor quality. You are right there is nothing I can do.
Ann.