Author Topic: Another newbie here!  (Read 1894 times)

August 12, 2005, 01:46:34 PM
  • Suit of Cups
Hello to everyone.  This is a great board Caat!  I look forward to getting to know all you like-minded folks.

I recently signed up with Trish's online communication course and am just starting to practice the exercises from Marta's wonderful book.  I've been wanting to do this for quite sometime but life has a way of taking up one's time, lol.

I've been doing 'energy' work with humans for about a decade now.  I typically use a pendulum to dowse the major chakras, looking for imbalances which can then be released and grounded.  I speak whatever intuitive thoughts I receive, and though it tends to be very generalized, I often find that a simple statement or question from me will open the emotional flood-gates for the recipient and details start emerging.  

My most immediate need and goal in animal communication is to figure out how to turn that energy exchange into a more conversational thought process.  

I do trust my intuition but my logical mind still fights with that I'm-making-this-up syndrome.  It really helps to hear from other people struggling with the same issue and that in itself validates and encourages the process for me.  

I'm enjoying reading through the board posts and hope to soon be joining in with readings.

Hugs and happy thoughts to all!
Vicki

August 15, 2005, 07:46:44 AM
Reply #1
  • Suit of Pentacles
Hi, Vicki,
  I think the "I must be making this up" phenomenon is a universal one. I took a course from Marta Williams, and the thing that helped the most was working with a partner and asking questions of their animal that were easily verifiable by the owner, stuff like "what's your favorite toy", getting general impressions about the animal's environment, what kind of things the animal likes to do, etc. Good luck with your journey - trust yourself!
Marilyn
Marilyn
"No hour of life is lost that is spent in the saddle"

August 24, 2005, 12:39:10 PM
Reply #2
  • Administrator
  • Major Arcana
  • Life is a journey, not a destination
    • Pawstalk Animal Communication & Reiki
  • Animals: 2 Male Cats: Cuba & Makana
Welcome Vicki.

Sorry it's taken me so long to do that, this month has been a bear for me, but I see you've been burnin' up the board with communications. That's great!

Glad to have you here. :-)
Caat
Animal Communication & Reiki: http://www.pawstalk.net
Psychic/Medium: http://www.spiritcaat.com
Metaphysical Network of Sites: http://www.lisalarson.net

August 26, 2005, 01:12:30 PM
Reply #3
  • Suit of Cups
Thank you for the welcome BigCaat!  No problem on the timing, I know from your posted messages that you've been in deep grief this summer.  I'm so very sorry for your loss.  

I've experienced the passing of long-time friends myself and will probably be facing it again this next year.  It does give me comfort to know how "in the Spirit" our furry friends truly are.

I don't know if I'm "burning up the board," LOL, but yes I've been trying to get in as much practice as I can.  I've had some success (I think) and so appreciate this site!  I'm sort of taking a break this week, struggling a bit with method, trying to work through my barriers.

I did want to ask if you'd visit with my cat Cocoa Puff when you have time.  His picture is posted in the student section under 'communication requests for cats.'  We're struggling with a specific issue and would be grateful for any insight he might give you.

Thanks again for the welcome!
Vicki

August 26, 2005, 01:35:46 PM
Reply #4
  • Administrator
  • Major Arcana
Quote from: "VeeRae"
Thank you for the welcome BigCaat!  No problem on the timing, I know from your posted messages that you've been in deep grief this summer.  I'm so very sorry for your loss.  

That's sweet of you, Vicki.  Thank you.

I've experienced the passing of long-time friends myself and will probably be facing it again this next year.  

I hope not.  I will keep my best wishes with you.

I don't know if I'm "burning up the board," LOL, but yes I've been trying to get in as much practice as I can.  I've had some success (I think) and so appreciate this site!  I'm sort of taking a break this week, struggling a bit with method, trying to work through my barriers.

I just love it when I nail one here. Just recently I've had two people tell me that my communications have made a difference in their animals.  It's such an awesome feeling.  I do find that when I lay off, I always have to get 'back into the groove.'  

What barriers are you trying to work through? What method?  I find that when I'm not connecting as well, the questions don't come as easily.  I'm beginning to wonder if I should have some pre-written questions nearby, just in case, yet, I don't want that to become a crutch either.

I did want to ask if you'd visit with my cat Cocoa Puff when you have time.  His picture is posted in the student section under 'communication requests for cats.'  We're struggling with a specific issue and would be grateful for any insight he might give you.

Sure.  It may not be until next week though. I have a work party to go to tonight, and this will be the first weekend in a while that Mr. Caat and I have to just hang out together.  (I think the big event this week is getting new cell service...oooooohhhhhh.  Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh. ;-))

In fact, I just posted a request for Cuba (pronouced Kooba) and was surprised to see how much he and Cocoa Puff look alike.   He's a *very* handsome fellow. :-)

Best,
Caat

August 28, 2005, 07:14:21 AM
Reply #5
  • Suit of Cups
Yes, Cuba and Cocoa do look a lot alike!  I love tuxedo cats (and calico, and tabby, and all the others, lol).

Being new to AC, one of the things I'm trying to work through is how to let the process go a bit smoother.  Writing things down as I go tends to interupt my focus.  Jumping back and forth between receiving information and putting it on paper not only takes a long time but, more importantly, leaves me questioning the validity of the session.  

When I jot down general impressions using a few key words, I invariably forget things that came through when I finally type up the communication.  I haven't really developed the skill of "automatic writing."

I'm thinking that one of my primary barriers is that I've been using a pendulum to dowse the chakra fields for a long time (about a decade now).  The pendulum works much like a crystal does, it gives a focal point for receptivity.  When I work with a pendulum I'm able to drop in & out of the alpha state fairly rapidly at will.  Without it, I often find myself sort of lost in space, lol.  

Although I trust the process with my pendulum, I don't want to rely on that crutch.  Guess I'm trying to figure out how to blend and enhance my techniques.

I haven't found any local workshops in my area so my plan right now is to go back to Marta's book and work through the basic exercises - again and again and again.  I'm not discouraged per se, just slowing down a bit.

Thank you in advance for visiting with Cocoa, I think your readings are some of the best on the boards, Caat!  

Hugs from me and my feline family,
Vicki

August 28, 2005, 02:54:37 PM
Reply #6
  • Administrator
  • Major Arcana
Quote from: "VeeRae"
Being new to AC, one of the things I'm trying to work through is how to let the process go a bit smoother.  Writing things down as I go tends to interupt my focus.  Jumping back and forth between receiving information and putting it on paper not only takes a long time but, more importantly, leaves me questioning the validity of the session.  

When I jot down general impressions using a few key words, I invariably forget things that came through when I finally type up the communication.  I haven't really developed the skill of "automatic writing."

I have this problem, too.  At first I was handwriting.  That was okay. Lately I've been typing.  I open up a word processing program and I can type with my eyes closed.  (Which I cannot when I handwrite.) I'm not sure if this is better or not.  I know two of the best communications I've had were this way, but I can't equate it to staying more focused because of that technique, because those were recent, they were shortly after I took a class, and I was practicing a lot at the time.  

I'm wondering if it's just something that has to be practiced, too.  I, too, find that keywords don't work, and one of the biggest problems I find is not writing what they say, but writing what I ask. So often I will forget and not understand the answer when I read it back, so I started trying to write down what I was asking.

I'm thinking that one of my primary barriers is that I've been using a pendulum to dowse the chakra fields for a long time (about a decade now).  The pendulum works much like a crystal does, it gives a focal point for receptivity.  When I work with a pendulum I'm able to drop in & out of the alpha state fairly rapidly at will.  Without it, I often find myself sort of lost in space, lol.  

Although I trust the process with my pendulum, I don't want to rely on that crutch.  Guess I'm trying to figure out how to blend and enhance my techniques.

I know what you mean here.  I've read tarot since I was 16 and although I still do a small protection ritual,  since taking Marta Williams' class, I've tried to become less reliant on being "in a space."  We really worked on 'just talking.'  This is in sharp contrast to a class I took with Carol Gurney, who I learned a lot from, but that 'preparation' part of it sort of screwed me up.  I find it much easier since I practiced with Marta's technique.  

I mentioned her technique in this post:
http://www.bigcaat.com/animalcommunication/viewtopic.php?t=223&highlight=
I don't remember if she also has it in her book, but probably so.

I haven't found any local workshops in my area so my plan right now is to go back to Marta's book and work through the basic exercises - again and again and again.  I'm not discouraged per se, just slowing down a bit.

Sounds like a good plan.  I think my biggest problem is when things come up in my life that takes me out of my routine of practicing, then it's too easy to get out of practice.  I try to speak to at least one animal per day.  It's much easer since Marta's class for the reason I mentioned earlier.  I'm really working on being able to have short conversations as well as lengthy ones.  

Thank you in advance for visiting with Cocoa

You're welcome.  I've got him sitting on my desktop so that I can get to him tomorrow or Tuesday.

I think your readings are some of the best on the boards, Caat!

Thank you, Vicki.   You don't know how good that makes me feel. :-)

Best,
Caat