Author Topic: New member, nice forum!  (Read 1120 times)

July 22, 2005, 12:53:29 PM
  • Suit of Pentacles
Hi,
I'm a new student of AC. I haven't been able to take any classes yet, but have been reading.  I've posted a couple of times but haven't actually introduced myself, so here I am.  I'm reading Marta William's book now, and I have Carol Gurney's book to read next.  I just finished Amelia Kinkade's book.  

I've always been interested in AC, but what really got me going was when one of our dogs passed away.  We had been very close, and had a strong intuitive bond with each other and it was very hard to feel like I was losing him.  

He'd been ill, and when we couldn't manage the pain anymore for him, we knew had had to help him let go of his body.  I had been listening to some Judith Orloff CDs on intuitive healing, and in them she talked about being present when someone passes over, and not to be afraid of it but to embrace it (my words, I can't remember hers exactly).  And, she said to watch for seeing the person or animal make the transition out of their physical body and of how beautiful that is.

So, from that I mustered the courage to be with him when he was helped in this transition, and while I didn't actually see him leave, I felt it the moment he did, it was a poof feeling, or a sort of an opening, I can't describe it but it felt like a physical sensation, and there was a moment of pure joy, followed by the expected emotions of grief etc.  But that moment will be with me always.

So, without hearing Judith's words on that, I would have missed the experience, and for those who have not been with their pets during that time, take heart and remember for the next time, it is an experience that is not fearful or awful and you gain something in yourself for it.

So, from that moment I resolved to really dig in and try to learn about AC, to try to achieve an intuitive bond with every animal I ever live with, and that is my little Bear's legacy for me.   Also to try to do the same with the wild things who live near us, and the trees and plants.  

Our other dog, who is still in body with us, seems utterly delighted with my baby steps in AC.    Meanwhile, Bear is still here in spirit, he's been often sensed, and also heard, claws clicking on our wooden floors, only a few times but those times have been wondrous and heart stopping.

This is a lovely board, I am so glad I found it.  Caat, thanks so much for starting this place and maintaining it.

Laurie

July 22, 2005, 12:57:30 PM
Reply #1
  • Suit of Swords
Hi Laurie, and welcome!

I haven't been very active lately (new puppy's taking up a lot of time), but this is my favorite AC web site. Caat's set up a wonderful place here, and the people have been fantastic. I think you'll like it.

Best wishes,

-- Daryl

July 22, 2005, 01:36:58 PM
Reply #2
  • Suit of Pentacles
Hi Daryl,
Thank you for the welcome  :D
I agree, this does seem to be a very warm and good place.

A new puppy!  What kind?

Laurie

July 25, 2005, 02:52:28 PM
Reply #3
  • Suit of Swords
Quote from: "Laurie"
Hi Daryl,
Thank you for the welcome  :D
I agree, this does seem to be a very warm and good place.

A new puppy!  What kind?

Laurie

She's a cream-colored long-haired miniature dachshund. (Heck, that description is longer than she is.) Right now she's much more fascinated by the cats than they are by her!

Is your "other dog", the one who's still with you, your only animal companion at the moment?

Best wishes,

-- Daryl

July 25, 2005, 03:48:11 PM
Reply #4
  • Administrator
  • Major Arcana
  • Life is a journey, not a destination
    • Pawstalk Animal Communication & Reiki
  • Animals: 2 Male Cats: Cuba & Makana
This is a lovely board, I am so glad I found it. Caat, thanks so much for starting this place and maintaining it.

Caat's set up a wonderful place here, and the people have been fantastic. I think you'll like it.

Thanks guys.  I'm so happy to have you here.  I spent the day putting the word out about it again, so hopefully we'll get a few new bites in the next few days.  

I haven't read Carol's book, but I did learn a lot in her workshop.  Amelia's book is next on my list of AC books.  
BTW, Daryl, if Marta were to do a workshop here in Morro Bay, would you be interested in coming up?  

Thanks, guys. :-)
Caat
Animal Communication & Reiki: http://www.pawstalk.net
Psychic/Medium: http://www.spiritcaat.com
Metaphysical Network of Sites: http://www.lisalarson.net