Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1538 times)

July 26, 2005, 12:20:04 AM
  • Suit of Pentacles
Hello everybody. I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Bo (Bonitta). I am mama to a house full of critters. I look forward to learning more about communicating with animals, if nothing else to make me a better mama to my fur babies.

July 26, 2005, 08:47:48 AM
Reply #1
  • Suit of Pentacles
Hi Bo,
I'm also new to this, and I've found that just making the effort changes SO much for your furkids.   Our household dog friend has been opening up like a flower, and seems happier and more relaxed, AND we just have more fun.  She not only gets a big smile on her face when we connect and her wishes got through to me, she has started to make more effort to tell us things in other ways.  

We didn't realize that our formerly water shy dog wanted us to throw the stick into the water for her when we're at the beach, and she told us by picking up the stick and walking into the water, and turning to look at us, with that "well?" look on her face.  She does that every time the stick doesn't get far enough into the water.  

One of the first things we did was start really telling her where we're going and how long we'd be gone (as in, minutes or hours), and the separation anxiety has reduced considerably.    

So, enjoy the adventure :D

Laurie

July 28, 2005, 01:57:59 PM
Reply #2
  • Suit of Pentacles
Hi Bo...I'm new here, too, but thought I'd just say "hi"!
mamahorse

July 30, 2005, 10:06:23 PM
Reply #3
  • Suit of Pentacles
Just wanted to say hello to the both of you. Thank you for replying. I am enjoying this site so much, and even learning some things lol. I look forward to getting to know you better. Bo