Author Topic: Behaviour problems..  (Read 2595 times)

July 06, 2006, 05:07:26 PM
We're having some trouble with our cats lately  and I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to help me understand what's wrong. Or at least get a cat's eye view of the situation in hand.

We used to have three cats, Annie and her two kids Malibu (M) and Rikku (F). Unfortunately, about this time last year both Annie and Malibu were hit and killed on the road within a month of eachother. Not only did this upset us but it seemed to have upset Rikku as well as she became very clingy and cried at night.

So we got the new cat, Malkin (m) this October as a kitten, hoping that he'd be a companion to her. Instead he has been a raging inferno of destruction and has been picking on Rikku to the point where he's now tearing out chunks of fur. I believe she's getting stressed out by it and I think he's just bored as they're now indoor-only cats. Another issue is that every time Malkin escapes he goes far far away and doesn't return for days and days. He's jet black, so we're always very worried.

Can anyone help me find out why he's picking on her so much? What could help? Why he wanders off all the time and just anything to help because the parent is now getting annoyed at the constant screaming fights these two have. *sigh*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/Jessicatta/RandomCRAP/Rikku.jpg  Rikku:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/Jessicatta/Rikku1.jpg Again. She's about three and a blue-grey tabby.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/Jessicatta/MalkinSpaz.jpg Malkin

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/Jessicatta/RandomCRAP/MatrixMalkin.jpg Again.  He's not even a year old yet, solid black.  

Other pets in the house are a snake and we previously had a dog as well as another dog that was boarding with us for a while.

Thank you in advance for any help. :)
-Jessi[/code]

July 08, 2006, 09:13:47 AM
Reply #1
Hi, Jessie

Thank you for the opportunity to speak with your wonderful friends.  I'm sorry for your losses of Annie and Malibu.  I got to speak with both Rikku and Malkin and got to understand their situations a bit more. (I will describe Malkin's reading in a separate post.)

First, I spoke with Rikku.  She is such a sweetheart!  She loves to rub her head and cheeks against someone and I saw her do this to a female (human) wearing black pants.  She is rubbing agains the leg to get the person's attention.  Rikku also seems to like a good pat on her side, on the area under her shoulder.

Rikku is gentle and a lot less playful than Malkin is.  She is patient and maybe even a bit mellow.  Are the two of them 6-8 years apart?  She loves to sleep on the bed and loves the "soft" sensation.

She loves tuna and I saw an image of something fried, or at least with some fried batter on it.  Could it be fried fish?  She indicated that she eats both canned and dry food but likes canned food more.  I saw a light colored bowl with some floral design around the round edges.

She indicates that she's indoor so much more now because of the accidents with Annnie and Malibu.  She just watches the fence outside.  She's a little sad that she can't go out.  But, I do see her going out very briefly and occasionally, but asked to go back inside.  She also understands (more than Malkin does) that she stays inddors for her safety.

In his relationship with Malkin, there is a little confusion from Malkin moving around so quickly at times, racing around.  It's like Rikku will just tense up to the fast movement because she does not know how to react sometimes.   I let Rikku know that I will speak with Malkin with that.

Jessie, if you would like more info on how she feels about Annie and Malibu, I can try to do another reading too.   See below for the reading with Malkin.

Thanks,
Angela

July 08, 2006, 09:38:35 AM
Reply #2
The following is my communication with Malkin.
Malkin seems to know that some of his behavior is unacceptable.  He says "uh-oh" as if he know he's in trouble again.  He is extremely playful and will bat his food around.

He races across the room, which has off-white carpet and if he doesn't stop in time, that's okay bacause he'll just  do a little turn and bump into it  with his back end.  LOL.  Malkin seems to be in his own world of "fun".  In fact, sometimes Rikku is just a "lump" to him and he asks "why isn't she as playful?".  I explained to him that is how Rikku likes to be.

Malkin seems to know a little about Annie and Malibu and was frightened about their tragedy.  I warned him about moving cars.  I proposed to him to be more careful of the outdoor dangers and to "check-in" with you, Jessie.  He will try to do that although it's tough for him to pull himself away from all that fun and adventure.

I've also asked Malkin to be more gentle with Rikku.  I've sent him images of rubbing Rikku's head or lying down by her side and to play at a farther distance.  I believe I got Malkin to see a little beyond his world of "fun" and to consider others a little bit more than he's used to.  I admire his openess and innocence.

I enjoyed communicating with Rikku and Malkin.  Hope I've helped you, Jessie.  Please let us know how it goes.

Best Wishes,
Angela

July 10, 2006, 05:11:23 PM
Reply #3
WOW!
I was, as a lot of people may be a little skeptic about this sort of thing, but your readings are pretty much BANG ON!

Quote from: "anglau2003"
First, I spoke with Rikku.  She is such a sweetheart!  She loves to rub her head and cheeks against someone and I saw her do this to a female (human) wearing black pants.  She is rubbing agains the leg to get the person's attention.  Rikku also seems to like a good pat on her side, on the area under her shoulder.

Rikku LOVES to nuzzle, she's very affectionate like that. As for the person, that'd most likely be me. Were you talking to her on Friday night?

Rikku is gentle and a lot less playful than Malkin is.  She is patient and maybe even a bit mellow.  Are the two of them 6-8 years apart?  She loves to sleep on the bed and loves the "soft" sensation.

She is older, but it's about three or four years.  Your personality reading is also dead on.

She loves tuna and I saw an image of something fried, or at least with some fried batter on it.  Could it be fried fish?  She indicated that she eats both canned and dry food but likes canned food more.  I saw a light colored bowl with some floral design around the round edges.

I used to feed her tuna when she got a little bit sick - I'd hide her pills in the tuna so she couldn't taste them. As for the fried fish, if you were indeed talking to her either Friday night or Saturday morning I was eating some battered cod that she was very interested in! lol!

She indicates that she's indoor so much more now because of the accidents with Annnie and Malibu.  She just watches the fence outside.  She's a little sad that she can't go out.  But, I do see her going out very briefly and occasionally, but asked to go back inside.  She also understands (more than Malkin does) that she stays inddors for her safety.

She does like to sit and watch the fence out the back door. Sometimes she'll paw on the glass if she wants to go outside. Occasionally she will slip out the front, but she ALWAYS stays around and will come inside if I ask her to. She likes to go outside for a few minutes to sit on the porch and if I happen to come home she'll run to me and come inside with me.

In his relationship with Malkin, there is a little confusion from Malkin moving around so quickly at times, racing around.  It's like Rikku will just tense up to the fast movement because she does not know how to react sometimes.   I let Rikku know that I will speak with Malkin with that.

Jessie, if you would like more info on how she feels about Annie and Malibu, I can try to do another reading too.   See below for the reading with Malkin.

Thanks,
Angela

If you have time, I'd love to know how she feels about that.  Rikku is very quiet and just likes to sit - when she knows Malkin is around she does tend to tense and get a little upset - I'm going to try and comfort her more when she does this.

July 10, 2006, 05:16:26 PM
Reply #4
Quote from: "anglau2003"
The following is my communication with Malkin.
Malkin seems to know that some of his behavior is unacceptable.  He says "uh-oh" as if he know he's in trouble again.  He is extremely playful and will bat his food around.

YEP! That's my Malkin. If I catch him doing something bad I'll say his name or clap my hands sharply and he gets this "Uh-oh!" look on his face and darts away. He's so mischevious that it's adorable.

He races across the room, which has off-white carpet and if he doesn't stop in time, that's okay bacause he'll just  do a little turn and bump into it  with his back end.  LOL.  Malkin seems to be in his own world of "fun".  In fact, sometimes Rikku is just a "lump" to him and he asks "why isn't she as playful?".  I explained to him that is how Rikku likes to be.

Again, that's a little detail that is bang on - we just had a carpet put down that is large and off white on our landing and he LOVES to race across it and attack the stairs. He also likes to run around the living room that has a sort of beige carpet.  - As far as his playing goes, can you ask him if he would like a young kitten playmate? My sister is pondering getting another cat and I'd like to know how he would feel about that. Would more toys be fun for him?

Malkin seems to know a little about Annie and Malibu and was frightened about their tragedy.  I warned him about moving cars.  I proposed to him to be more careful of the outdoor dangers and to "check-in" with you, Jessie.  He will try to do that although it's tough for him to pull himself away from all that fun and adventure.

I've also asked Malkin to be more gentle with Rikku.  I've sent him images of rubbing Rikku's head or lying down by her side and to play at a farther distance.  I believe I got Malkin to see a little beyond his world of "fun" and to consider others a little bit more than he's used to.  I admire his openess and innocence.

I enjoyed communicating with Rikku and Malkin.  Hope I've helped you, Jessie.  Please let us know how it goes.

Best Wishes,
Angela

Thank you so much, i'm still awed at how perfect your readings were! If you could communicate with them again and perhaps ask the questions I mentioned above, I'd really appreciate it. But either way, thank you SO much for your time. I just got back from a trip so I'm off to give them both some lovings now!

-Jessica

_______
Edited to add:
_______

If it isn't too much trouble, could you possibly try and check in with my parted Annie and Malibu (Boo)? I just would like to know how they're doing and to let them know that I miss them and loved them very much. I'd also like to know whether they think they'll come back one day.

Annie.

Malibu/Boo.

--

And this image of Malkin was WAY too cute not to post:

July 10, 2006, 08:54:50 PM
Reply #5
Hi, Jessica

Thank you so much for your detailed reply!!  I have no way of knowing how I did unless I get feedback, so thank you for helping me out.  I will try to do another reading for you.  I usually need a fairly good amount of time to relax and to do the reading and the next few days won't be so accomodating.  So I will aim for this weekend when there is more "relaxing" time.  Meanwhile, there may be other fellow AC students who may want to try too!  

I haven't really had a lot of experience communicating with animals that have passed on, but I will definitely try and see what I get and let you know.  (Does anyone else want to give this a try?)  And that's another reason why I won't feel comfortable trying to communicate again until I have more time to relax.

So, I just wanted to let you know.  And, the pictures are VERY cute!!!! By the way, I did the communication last Saturday morning.  

Talk to you later.  
Angela

July 16, 2006, 09:37:24 PM
Reply #6
Hi, Jessica

I kept you in mind,  but this weekend was not good.  I just started volunteering in a program and it drained more energy out of me than I had anticipated.  In addition to feeling tired, it was so HOT this weekend!   And it still is!  ( of course, it's a relative term...LOL)  There is no AC here, so I just don't feel comfortable enough or confident enough to do a reading right now.   But I will keep you in mind.  Meanwhile, maybe someone else would like to try?  Just wanted to let you know.  
 I apologize.

Angela

July 17, 2006, 08:21:11 AM
Reply #7
It certainly was hot this weekend! Don't worry about it - I don't want you tiring yourself out all too much! haha, so no worries. :)
-Jess

July 31, 2006, 03:06:30 PM
Reply #8
Hi, Jessica

I still remember about your reading.....

Angela

August 05, 2006, 10:06:01 AM
Reply #9
Hi, Jessica!

Finally!!  I took some time this morning to speak with Rikku, Annie, and Malibu (and briefly to Malkin).  I figured, if I don't do this in the morning, then I'll start with all my duties and then be too occupied.

With Rikku
She knew I would be coming back to speak with her.  I asked her about how things were going with Malkin.  She replied "sometimes better, sometimes not better."

I asked her about Annie and/ or Malibu
Rikku said it was "such tragedy"  I sense that Rikku feels almost abandoned.    One leaving after another.  I also sense Rikku feels there is lonliness, void and emptiness.  Having Malkin helps a little, but just a little.  It's just not the same.

Rikku seems very sad and she thinks about the accidents a lot.  Both Annie and Malibu visit.  They usually just hang out with some chatting as oppsosed to lots of moving around or playing.  I sense a calm atmosphere when they visit

Rikku says that you, Jessica are fairly busy.  She would like to spend more quality time with you as you are the one that really understands the loss and how she may feel.  It helps to spend time with someone who understands and went through the same incidents.

With Malkin (briefly)
I let him know that Rikku knows that he's trying to be more gentle and appreciates his effort  It's like Malkin will have this surge of energy inside, like an itch that is very difficult to resist scratching.  So, I suggested that when he does have that playing urge, he can try to play hard, but at an area away from Rikku.  Then he can go back to Rikku and be more gently.

Angela

August 05, 2006, 10:32:10 AM
Reply #10
With Annie

Annie spoke about the accident.  It was quick, like she was just knocked out.  At that moment, she thought "I should have listened to her." (meaning you, Jessica).  I saw an image or an old. light blue car. (but this does not necessarily mean it was the car that hit her".  I also saw a field nearby  The field was full of grass when there was water to allow it to grow.  

For now, Annie is happy just to come and visit.  She enjoys the freedom of going back and forth as she pleases.  As for where she is now, Annie describes it as tranquil, peaceful, quiet, still.  I saw an image of a pond and a geese.  She hasn't decided about coming back.  For now, she enjoys it as it is.  Annie knows that you love and miss her dearly.  She still visits, Jessica.

With Malibu
I get the feeling that he spends some time by himself and some time with Annie now.    He doesn't seems as willing or want to talk.  He understands that Rikku is sometime not happy about the accidents.  I saw the word "cremated".  So, my question would be to ask if Malibu was cremated.  He seems very undecided about whether or not he wants to come back.  "maybe, we'll see."  He loves rubs on his chin and side of his face, but not the belly area.  He tells me to let you know that he loves you and misses you also.  Then I saw an image of pancake/ crepe....or something very thin, made from batter.  It could my own distraction since I was (and still am) vey hungry right now.  But I just thought I'd let you know in case it did mean something.

Well, I hope this reading helps you.  Please let us know how it's going.  Are Malking and Rikku getting along better?

Take Care,
Angela

August 06, 2006, 05:39:32 PM
Reply #11
Hi, Jessica

I was just thinking about the reading.  I wanted to add that when I said Rikku thought it was sometimes better and sometimes not better with Malkin, it does NOT pertain to whether Rikku wants him there or not.  What she was referring to was the current situation.  The situation may get better, so this does not relate to whether she wants Malkin there with her.  She was just describing what she thought the current situation was.  I just wanted to make this clear so there's less chance of a misunderstanding.

I also wanted to remind everyone who has a reading done for them of the following.  It is unrealistic to expect even the greatest communicators (like professionals) to be 100% accurate in all the readings they do.  Although we try our best, the people who we do the readings for need to keep this in mind as they try to understand the reading.  Even when I had a reading done by Marta Williams, she reminded me of this accuracy issue too.  Personally, I would use the information from a reading to help with a situation, but not to use only a reading for a decision.  How the person feels about something or the ultimate decision is up to the person, always.  This is how I approach AC and feel it is most ethical way in doing so.

Angela