Author Topic: Oscar & Petey  (Read 1378 times)

May 07, 2006, 07:54:29 AM
  • Suit of Pentacles
I am posting this under 'Cats' but you have your choice here of either the cat or the dog!  We have a new puppy named Petey.  He's 5 1/2 months old now, we've had him since March.  He gets along with all the other pets.  He enjoys playing with Oscar, who is 9 months old.  But he's too rough.  When he plays with the other cats, if he gets too rough, they give him the claws and then he plays nice.  But Oscar will not give him the claws, will not run and jump somewhere high to get away.  Oscar lays down and invites the rough play.  If I can catch Petey and pull him off, Oscar comes after him.  I know they are having fun but Oscar has a wound at his neck and his belly is sore from the Petey bites.  I would like to see if someone can communicate with Oscar and tell him to put the claws out or communicate with Petey and tell him to stop hurting Oscar.  But the fact that they are both babies, I'm not sure they will take advice.  Or give me some advice about how to help both of them have safe fun.  Petey is so quick, I can't catch him when he's bad and Oscar is so persistant, I can't make him leave Petey alone!  They are both male, located in Mt. Shasta, CA

May 13, 2006, 10:09:08 AM
Reply #1
Hi, Nancy

I tried to communicate with both Oscar and Petey.

Here's what I got communicating with Oscar.  I had an image of a carpeted area.  I also saw the word "milk".  And the feeling I got is that he likes it.  I told Oscar that it's okay to play but not to allow Petey to be too rough because if he ever got hurt too badly, he would have to go to the vet.  This kind of horrified him and at least he is aware of it.  I wasn't trying to scare hi, but to let him be aware of the reality of being hurt.  I got an image of Oscar letting Petey know to back off a little by putting his paw on Petey's head or using his stretched out limbs to create a "barrier" from Petey.  I got the feeling that his tummy area is more like an "itchy" and irritating spot versus a spot that hurts a lot.

Then I communicated with Petey.  Boy, he is one smart and very intelligent creature!  He knows that he is cute and that everyone agrees that he's cute.    He knew why I wanted to communicate with him cuz he knew I just "spoke" with Oscar.  I asked him to be a little more gentle and that he might cause Oscar to go to the vet if he was too rough.  He just plays freely without thinking about it too much, but doesn't mean to hurt Oscar.  It will be very hard for him, but he will try to be more gently.  I got an image of him licking / nibbling Oscar's head.  I'm getting the feeling that some chewing toy would help him realease that energy, more of the edible but tough material rather than fabric toys.  And he wouldn't mind more treats either.  He seems very happy.

I hope this helps.  Any validations would be greatly appreciated.  

Angela

May 15, 2006, 05:55:45 AM
Reply #2
  • Suit of Pentacles
Thank you so much!  Yes, Oscar does like milk very much and our home is pretty much wall to wall carpet!  It does seem like Oscar is using his outstretched paws to hold Petey back.  And Petey is using more of a "jump & jab" play instead of a "grab and drag".  I think you convinced them.  And yes, I agree that his tummy is probably more itchy then an open sore.  His neck is getting well also.  Petey does prefer the chewy toys to the stuffed animals.  We have a vast collection of chewy bones, nyla bones and rope toys that he drags to his bed and chews on.  Thank you so much again for your help.  You did a great job!

May 21, 2006, 01:02:17 PM
Reply #3
Hi, Nancy D

Thank you so much for your reply!  It makes me SO happy that I have helped someone with their animal friends!  I still get that amazing feeling when I hear validations that I was on the right track.  Thank you for letting me know!
Angela