Author Topic: Would you like to practice w/our young Nascar?  (Read 1416 times)

April 03, 2006, 12:18:03 PM
  • Apprentice
(this post has been edited)

Hello, thank you so much for considering speaking w/one of our cats. I made a mini album w/4 of his pictures here, please let me know if the link doesn't work...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lasfun/album?.dir=ec9c&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

He is a neutered male, appx 2 years old now.  There are 2 other neutured male cats in our household and Nascar is the youngest and the newest. (The other two are Diego and Clouseau.)

We aren't dealing w/any major issues with him, so please ask him whatever you'd like, especially if he is responsive to your communication.  I would like to know the best way to let him know when I'm not pleased w/him.  I'd like to have a better connection w/him and to have a way to reprimand/instruct him that works better for both of us.

Thank you!

April 20, 2006, 02:56:25 PM
Reply #1
  • Administrator
  • Major Arcana
  • Life is a journey, not a destination
    • Pawstalk Animal Communication & Reiki
  • Animals: 2 Male Cats: Cuba & Makana
Hi Lasfun.

I got a few moments to speak w/Nascar.  Be aware that I have been doing this infrequently, lately, because I've been working so much.  So I am out of practice.  

NASCAR

Hello.  I’m here.

Caat: Hi Nascar.  [Introductions] May we speak?
Yes. Of course.

[Proper.  Not overly aggressive, not shy.
Very sweet.]

Caat: How are you?
I'm wonderful.

Caat:I hear you have a relatively new home.
No. Not so new.  I’m very comfortable here.  

Caat:Do you get along with the other cats?
Yes.  We get along.  I get along with Diego better.  We like to play.

Caat:And Clueseau?
We get along, but he gets along better with Diego than with me.  We like each other enough, just different personalities.

That’s fair. What do you like to do? Do you have favorite toys, or places?
Favorites.  Of course! I love my mice.  That is one thing Diego and I like to do together is play with the mice.  I like to lie in the sun.  On the window sill.

Caat:What is your environment like?
[I’m being shown the color green.  In the living room. Somewhat dark.]

Caat:Do you have to seek out the sun in the window?
No. We do that in the bedroom.

Caat:I see.  
[I’m being shown a brighter bedroom.  With yellows.]

Caat: How could your mom better get you to do things as she would like?
She needs to be stern, but not loud.  She can scruff me, but not pick me up by the scruff.  She can talk to me and tell me what she would like.  Beforehand.

Caat:I will tell her that.
Thank you.

Caat:Are you happy there.
Immensely.  We have a wonderful family.

Caat:What are the things you get reprimanded for?
I get on the counter sometimes.  I scratch things sometimes.  I pee sometimes.  (The peeing thing was an additional thought.  I'm not sure if that was him or me.)

[I sent visuals of staying only where you want him, scratching only his scratch posts, and using the potty only in his box or outside.]

Caat:Do you think you can do that?  
Of course.

Caat: Are you willing to do that?
Of course.  I don’t do these things except that I don’t understand not to.

Caat: I understand.  That’s fair.  And it will make your mom very happy for you to be where you are allowed and do the things you are allowed.
That would make me happy.

Caat: Do you race around a lot?  Is that how you got your name?
Oh yes!  I love to run and play.  I like to jump at things that are flying through the air.  

Caat: That sounds like a lot of fun.
It is.

[Good byes.]

Well, hopefully some of this rings true.  Please let me know.  I sort of squeezed this into my day today because I had been meaning to talk to him since you posted about him.  He seems like a real sweetie.

Best,
Caat
Animal Communication & Reiki: http://www.pawstalk.net
Psychic/Medium: http://www.spiritcaat.com
Metaphysical Network of Sites: http://www.lisalarson.net

April 21, 2006, 08:04:04 AM
Reply #2
  • Apprentice
Important Note: reading this could taint student readings on Diego or Clouseau, so if you are considering doing a reading on either of them, you may want to try it and then read my feedback to Caat's communication w/Nascar.  I didn't want to limit my feedback to Caat on account of that, though, it wouldn't be fair!  So consider this a "spoiler" to the other two if you read on...

Thanks so much, Caat!  You had some hits and misses, but overall you did very well.  I appreciate you taking the time to chat with him. What's interesting is that he came to see me first thing this morning to love on me, something he has never done when I've still been in bed.  Maybe he was saying thanks for the chat!  :)

My comments will follow in italics...

NASCAR

Hello. I’m here.

Caat: Hi Nascar. [Introductions] May we speak?
Yes. Of course.

[Proper. Not overly aggressive, not shy.
Very sweet.]  
Yes, he is sweet and rather "direct" in his personality, so this and the "yes of course" makes sense.

Caat: How are you?
I'm wonderful.

Caat:I hear you have a relatively new home.
No. Not so new. I’m very comfortable here.  
Yes, he's been here for almost 2 years now, and he made himself at home immediately!

Caat:Do you get along with the other cats?
Yes. We get along. I get along with Diego better. We like to play.
I would not have said that they get along better, but when they are getting along, they play very well together.

Caat:And Clueseau?
We get along, but he gets along better with Diego than with me. We like each other enough, just different personalities.
This is very true. Nascar and Clouseau play a lot together, but are very very different personalities!

That’s fair. What do you like to do? Do you have favorite toys, or places?
Favorites. Of course! I love my mice. That is one thing Diego and I like to do together is play with the mice. I like to lie in the sun. On the window sill.
He does love his mice, as does Diego - that is each of their favorite toys! And Nascar does love to lay in the sun near the windows. Of the three of them, he does this the most.

Caat:What is your environment like?
[I’m being shown the color green. In the living room. Somewhat dark.]
Green and dark would be right, but it's our master bedroom.  I just hung some heavy green curtains in there and they've been playing in them a lot!

Caat:Do you have to seek out the sun in the window?
No. We do that in the bedroom.
He likes to sun himself in the guestroom - the bed is pushed up right against the window sill.  He is there all the time!

Caat:I see.
[I’m being shown a brighter bedroom. With yellows.]
Yes, the guestroom is very bright.  It's a light beige and the bedding has some pale green, so I could see "yellows' being sent as a visual - esp since that room gets so much sun.

Caat: How could your mom better get you to do things as she would like?
She needs to be stern, but not loud. She can scruff me, but not pick me up by the scruff. She can talk to me and tell me what she would like. Beforehand.
I'll be glad to give this a try. I am loud if he's really made me angry, I admit it!  lol!  We have had some "scruff" issues, too, though I know better than to pick up a full grown cat by his scruff and have never done that.  Interesting!

Caat:I will tell her that.
Thank you.

Caat:Are you happy there.
Immensely. We have a wonderful family.
I'm glad to hear this, I have wondered if he's been happy here.

Caat:What are the things you get reprimanded for?
I get on the counter sometimes. I scratch things sometimes. I pee sometimes. (The peeing thing was an additional thought. I'm not sure if that was him or me.)
Yes to the counters and scratching - he is the worst of the three at this. The peeing thing has been a rare issue, but yes, it has happened 2x and never with the other two. you got it!

[I sent visuals of staying only where you want him, scratching only his scratch posts, and using the potty only in his box or outside.]

Caat:Do you think you can do that?
Of course.

Caat: Are you willing to do that?
Of course. I don’t do these things except that I don’t understand not to.
This is fair.  He is the "third child" and we've not had as much time with him to make it clear what we expect of him - we've sort of always just watched out for all three of their interactions more than anything.

Caat: I understand. That’s fair. And it will make your mom very happy for you to be where you are allowed and do the things you are allowed.
That would make me happy.

Caat: Do you race around a lot? Is that how you got your name?
Oh yes! I love to run and play. I like to jump at things that are flying through the air.
He does love to run, play and jump, very true.  He loves it when I play with a wand with something attached to it and wave it in the air. His name came from one of the admins at the vet - I found him near a local racetrack, and she said, "why don't you name him Nascar?".  Since we (ha!) thought we weren't keeping him, I said sure, why not.   :D I do think his name suits his personality though!

Caat: That sounds like a lot of fun.
It is.

[Good byes.]

April 21, 2006, 10:20:41 AM
Reply #3
  • Administrator
  • Major Arcana
  • Life is a journey, not a destination
    • Pawstalk Animal Communication & Reiki
  • Animals: 2 Male Cats: Cuba & Makana
Thanks, LF, for the great validations!

I feel good about this one.  My conversation with Diego was shorter, but hopefully I did as well.  He told me about the mice too!  
This feels good since I'm so out of practice.  I was going to do Clueseau today, as well, but I'm running short on time.  I'll have to get back to him.

Thanks again for the validations.  I'm glad to hear he came up to you this morning. :-)  Let me know if the other things get any better.  And let me know if anything rings true with Diego.   I'm really jazzed about getting the look of the rooms.  

Best,
Caat
Animal Communication & Reiki: http://www.pawstalk.net
Psychic/Medium: http://www.spiritcaat.com
Metaphysical Network of Sites: http://www.lisalarson.net