Author Topic: Not sure where to start  (Read 2212 times)

March 20, 2012, 06:14:24 AM
  • Suit of Pentacles
  • Welcome
I don't really seem to be getting any where :'( When I am at work I have felt on more than one occasion that I have HEARD the cats or been sent something by them. A cat came in with a broken jaw, she was found on the street so we were unsure of how it had happened and assumed she was hit by a car.

I have spent a lot of time working with her because she is very scared of people and on one occasion as I went to leave the room she tried to run out, so I put my foot out to stop her and instantly got an image(or feeling more like together) of her being kicked in the face and her jaw breaking.

Another time I was walking back to the cattery and just enjoying the quite, as I went to walk in I heard "where is my sister?" I looked up and one of the cats was looking right at me. He came in to the shelter with his sister but she has been in the vets office for a month with an infection.

I have brought loads of books from Carol Gurney, Martha Williams etc and they encourage you to start by practacing some simple visualisations for example, an orange. I close my eyes but I don't see any oranges >:( I get the idea of there being an orange but I can't see a clear image of one, and this is supposed to be a simple exercise.

Also I tried to contact my mum's dog. All I got was a quick glimpse of a multicoloured fish with red. I asked my mum if her dog has any fish toys or anything but she said no, only mum mum has multicoloured red fish in her garden pond.

I have tried sending messages to my cats and they do seem to respond but I don't hear anything from them. My mind is always very noisy and I find it very difficult to ever get it to stop thinking. Just feeling a bit at a loss.

March 20, 2012, 07:16:49 PM
Reply #1
  • Suit of Cups
  • Animals: Dogs, cats, goats, horses and more
Hi there. If you think of communication as a two-way street, you've got a lot of it right already! If your animals are hearing you (THEY know how to do this, even if some humans have forgotten how!) and you are sometimes hearing them, you're already getting over 50% of it right.

As for the orange, I wouldn't worry too much about the visualization exercises. Perhaps seeing things isn't going to be your easiest way of communicating. You might be more naturally inclined to hear or feel what they want you to know.

Also, if you haven't yet, I'd go read the thread about Red the horse on here. Maybe even try to chat with him. He has a lot of good stuff to say.
"If you love it enough, anything will talk with you." -George Washington Carver

March 24, 2012, 08:14:45 AM
Reply #2
  • Suit of Pentacles
  • Welcome
  • Animals: 2 dogs, 1 cat
Hi Ailurophile!   I totally understand your frustration, as I'm very new to this, also!  But, from my perspective you're doing really well because you're actually hearing them!!!  I've had validation that our dogs are hearing my thoughts, but I've only had a few *possible* thoughts that I've heard..... 

I know the hardest thing for me is quieting my mind---probably very common!

I'm going to go look for the "Red the Horse" thread!!! 

Good luck on this wonderful journey!

April 03, 2012, 02:45:47 AM
Reply #3
  • Suit of Pentacles
  • Welcome
Thanks guys for your encouragement cs:)

I think I have the same problem as you Cindyloup, I find it really hard to keep my mind quiet, I constantly find something to think about.

I have started doing some mindfulness exercises from the book "how to train a wild elephant" and some meditation, little by little hopefully. ;D

April 06, 2012, 09:28:49 AM
Reply #4
  • Administrator
  • Major Arcana
  • Life is a journey, not a destination
    • Pawstalk Animal Communication & Reiki
  • Animals: 2 Male Cats: Cuba & Makana
Hi AP.

I think you are doing a great job already, I think you are just being too hard on yourself. You are clearly getting messages. And I can't tell you how many times I just get an image of color. Sometimes that's all it is. And sometimes the client knows what it means, sometimes they don't.

I once got the color purple, and no matter how much I asked, the dog would only give me the color purple. During the reading the woman didn't confirm it, but after, she said, "I need to tell you, when you said 'the color purple' it choked me up so much I couldn't talk. His favorite color was purple. Everything he had was purple, his bed, he bowls, everything." So sometimes you just have to trust what you get and leave it at that.

Aside from that, I agree with BIT. Perhaps clairvoyance is not your strongest 'clair'. Maybe clairaudience is. So go with that. Just let it come.

If you're interested, I'm going to be giving a live, online class in May. It sounds like you're in the UK, so it would be at night for you, but you can check it out here: http://pawstalk.net/animal-communication-classes.html

Frankly, I think you're doing a great job. Just keep working at it and trust yourself.

Warmly,
Caat
Animal Communication & Reiki: http://www.pawstalk.net
Psychic/Medium: http://www.spiritcaat.com
Metaphysical Network of Sites: http://www.lisalarson.net

April 13, 2012, 01:39:12 PM
Reply #5
  • Suit of Pentacles
  • Welcome
Thanks Caat for your lovely words cs:) I think I am trying so hard to get something that I am blocking myself. I had been off work for 7 weeks after an accident and I think the pain from that was also interfering. This is my first week back at work and I love being back with the cats and I am really looking forward to practicing with them.

I actually live in Lanzarote so I don't know how that would work for your course, Sunday is my only day off and I nomally get home at 3.30 but I am really interested in doing it. Just going to read that link now thanks xxx

April 19, 2012, 07:17:43 PM
Reply #6
  • Administrator
  • Major Arcana
  • Life is a journey, not a destination
    • Pawstalk Animal Communication & Reiki
  • Animals: 2 Male Cats: Cuba & Makana
Thanks Caat for your lovely words cs:) I think I am trying so hard to get something that I am blocking myself. I had been off work for 7 weeks after an accident and I think the pain from that was also interfering. This is my first week back at work and I love being back with the cats and I am really looking forward to practicing with them.

I actually live in Lanzarote so I don't know how that would work for your course, Sunday is my only day off and I nomally get home at 3.30 but I am really interested in doing it. Just going to read that link now thanks xxx
I really understand the pain thing. I've been a chronic pain patient for most of my life. I've had several back injuries. Some days it interferes, other days I just live with it.

I had real problems deciding on a time for that course. We'll see how it works. I sort of took my cue from Lisa Willams, who has people from Europe and Australia. An afternoon class on the west coast is evening on the east coast, early night in Europe and morning in Australia. The online thing through Google is the first I've done it this way, so we'll see.  If the time doesn't work, I'll offer it again at different times. 

I'm very excited about this because it's the closest thing to an in person class there is. It's not like people just watching me and having to text their comments, it's all interactive. We've been using it for a development circle and it's really fun, I just need to make sure everyone who signs up has the proper system requirements. 

You are always welcome to contact me, though, if you want private tutoring. I do that too, via webcam or phone. Next week, I finish Lisa Williams' class in L.A., though. I'm excited about that. I've learned some great psychic exercises so far, that can be useful for animal communication as well. One I finish the course, I'm going to start thinking about how to incorporate some of it into my classes.

Time to go meditate, though.

High Paws,
Caat
Animal Communication & Reiki: http://www.pawstalk.net
Psychic/Medium: http://www.spiritcaat.com
Metaphysical Network of Sites: http://www.lisalarson.net