Author Topic: jay jay and libby  (Read 3322 times)

January 06, 2006, 11:27:02 PM
I have 2 horses here. I just got divorced and my husband was to take his 2 horses and so far nothing. I am worried his horse Jay Jay is looking for him. He gets turned out to pasture daily with his stablemate, Libby whose owner left her here. They are good friends. My ex was to take her too.
He is an appaloosa, white with brown spots and Libby is a solid color appy. Is he lonely for his male owner or is he happy to be here with me? I have had him since the day he was born and I have his mother, too. They visit over the fence. I think he knows she is his mother. Even tho he has never been in the same pasture with her since he was 6 months old.
Why is he so mean to the donkey? The donkey, Burrito, is about 38 and a rescue. He loves Jay Jay and runs right after him when I let him out of his stall to follow me and Jay to the pasture. Anything you can see would be appreciated.
Jackie

"We, who surround ourselves with life even more temporary than our own ... live in a fragile circle easily and often breached.  But we would have it no other way."  Author: Townsend.

January 07, 2006, 05:09:48 AM
Reply #1
  • Suit of Swords
    • http://RebuildHealth.com
Hi Kansasjack,

Before I do my reading I just want to start out with that I am a very beginner and because of a recent move have not communicated purposefully with any animals in about 2 months, so I am very rusty.

My impression of Jay-Jay is that he is a very arrogant horse, very full of himself and thinking that other creatures (including humans) are beneath him.

He has been wondering where his male companion is (you didn't give his name so I just went with that), but he is not overly concerned. What he is concerned about is that his horse friend, Libby, definitely stays with him wherever he ends up. He sees Libby as the closest to his equal and wants to have her around. He is fine living with you and if your ex doesn't come back to get him, he is OK with that, too.

The reason he dislikes Burrito is because he sees him as sort of the tag along little brother that is always getting in the way. It has to do with his feeling superior to those around him.

I generally find that if I try to write exactly what they are saying I lose the train of thought and the connection is less good, so I rarely write out the actual conversation word for word.

Let me know if I got anything close to right. I am so rusty and with no picture it can be difficult to connect sometimes.

Debra

January 07, 2006, 11:33:10 AM
Reply #2
O MY GOD!!!!

I got chills reading this!
You hit the nail on the head with Jay Jay. Vets and trainers use the exact words....he is full of himself! And arrogant. His human male companion's name is Jim. Jim used to call Jay his little buddy. Jay was born Feb. 1992 and Jim and myself were present. Jim left in Sept. of 2004. So Jay has not seen him since then.
As for Libby, (born Feb. 1990) yes, she has been with him since he was 6mos. old. Seperated for about a year and together ever since. She is lame and has been since a 2 yr. old. Not real bad, just can't be ridden and never bred as what she has is genetic, they think. She belonged to a girl named Sabyl who she hasn't seen for years. I don't think I would ever seperate the 2 if it was in my power. Do you know why she is so psycho? She is fine with me and the farrier, but she gets out of control with the vet and he has never done anything to her but shots and one time colic treatment. Mild.
Burrito, yes! yes! I can see that he would think of him as a tag along. Burrito cries to get out of his stall in the morning to see Jay and Libby (who he is in love with) as he is the last one out. And Jay does treat him as a nusience.

Can you do more horses? I have Jay's mom who has equine cushing's disease under control with meds. Her name is Ten Promises born 4/29/85.

I feel she tries to communicate with me sometimes as she will stand and look at me from the pasture. She is very loving and I sometimes feel we were together somewhere before.

Thank you so much for this.
Jackie

[/b]
Jackie

"We, who surround ourselves with life even more temporary than our own ... live in a fragile circle easily and often breached.  But we would have it no other way."  Author: Townsend.

January 08, 2006, 03:48:30 AM
Reply #3
  • Suit of Swords
Hi Kansasjack,

Thanks for the feedback. It really helps when you are just starting out. I will be more than happy to communicate with other horses or animals that you have. I'll see if I can understand what the problem is with Libby and the vet. I'll also have a talk with Ten Promises. Is there anything in particular you want to know from Ten Promises?

Again thanks for the feedback. I'll post again soon.

Debra

January 08, 2006, 10:46:20 PM
Reply #4
Hi, Thanks again.

I have lots of animals. I lost a 5 yr. old dog last week and will ask about him, too, when I can and not cry.

But Ten Promises.... you could try and see if you can get her to tell you the nickname I have for her.

But I would like to know, if she feels better with the meds she is getting, she looks better. Also, does she have trouble regulating the heat in her body? And does the cold affect her or is the long coat enough or does she want the blanket on? In the summer I put up water misters so she can go to them and keep cool. We are in the Central Valley of CA. She has Equine Cushings Disease. I have her on Pergolide.

And why does she stare at me after I have worked her and brushed her? After she goes out in her pasture? She will do that for a long time. And nickers a lot.

And can you see if we were ever together before? She like to hug, that is put her head over my shoulder and stand a few minutes like that. And she licks my face sometimes. I never had a horse do this. So anything you can shed light on would help. I have always wondered about this. I told my vet she is my grandma reincarnated. She died when I was a llittle girl but I remember her. Animals are so fascinating.

Thanks again, write when you get time to try and talk to her.

Jackie
Jackie

January 09, 2006, 03:17:19 AM
Reply #5
  • Suit of Swords
Will add this communication to my list. Thanks for all the info on what you would like to know about. That way I can direct the conversation that direction.

Will respond as soon as I have time to communicate with her. Within a day or two.

Debra

January 10, 2006, 05:44:36 AM
Reply #6
  • Suit of Swords
Hi Kansasjack,

I have tried twice to speak with Libby, last night and this morning. I could not get a good connection. She seemed very, very distant and withdrawn. I'll give you what information I think I got, but it felt much less energized than the info from Jay-Jay. When I feel really energized when conversing is when I get the most accurate information.

I will converse with Ten Promises soon.

Here is what I got from Libby.

She says her legs don't work properly and that something in her spine is causing it. She said the reason she doesn't like the vet is because it was an injection that caused her problem (don't know if that is true since you said they thought it was genetic and maybe it became apparent after a visit from the vet).

She said she likes to have her mane braided.

I saw her leaning on a fence sometimes.

That is all I got. I have to admit that this was probably the hardest connection I've ever tried to make. Hopefully Ten Promises will be more willing to talk. I sense she will be.

Debra

January 10, 2006, 11:11:41 AM
Reply #7
Thank You for trying with Libby.

Once again, you are correct. Libby is withdrawn.

Her owner used to braid her mane as she was a show horse. And her owner is a trainer.

She has a stall and paddock for nite time. She will spend alot of time on one certain fence line. Sleeping at nite. Ten Promises is on the other side in her stall and paddock. Ten Promises can never be in the same stall or pasture with another horse as she has beat up everyone she has ever been with and that is a good question for you.

Libby may link a vet and shots as a result from treatment for her condition. She was trained in English and was doing well at show. Then she started coming up lame. She was sent to UC Davis Vet Hospital to be tested. Lots of money for xrays and tests. It was determined at that time to be coming from her knees. And then linked to her mother who also had leg deformities and had to be put down at age 9. She was then put out to pasture to rest but also if she was going to end up like her mother, she would have time to be free. When she first came to me, she could not bend very well at the knee and sometimes I would have to help her get up when lying down. Thinking it would not be long, we let her be for a few weeks. Then she got better! I think it was the pasture exercise and not standing in a stall all day. So here she is 13 yrs. later running and playing but lame.

She does have a sensitive spot in her back so she may think it is related.

Good Job! I wish Libby was more informative. I know she feels like the the fith wheel around here. But sometimes she is just not very nice. I will groom her this weekend so she feels better. It has been rainy and cold.

Thanks!  :lol:
Jackie
Jackie

January 11, 2006, 07:31:46 PM
Reply #8
I posted my dog that went to Rainbows Bridge on Dec. 28th in the dog forum if you want to try him.  Title is "Dumpster" and from me.

I know you must be busy with the new house so please take a break from us. I am hoping Ten Promises gives you lots of info.

Thanks Jackie
Jackie

January 13, 2006, 06:09:15 PM
Reply #9
  • Apprentice
kansasjack, i am very sorry about your dog passing. the rb chat room is a great place for healing. love, rachel
rachel broman

January 23, 2006, 07:28:35 AM
Reply #10
  • Suit of Swords
Hi Kansasjack,

Well I finally got a chance to sit down and communicate with Ten Promises. I know your realize I'm a student, but I like to remind people of that anyway.

Here is what I got. First of all I got a very deep seated sadness from TP. As the conversation went on I began to understand it better. You and TP have been together in another lifetime (at least it seems like it was another lifetime). You were in a very close relationship, inseparable so to speak. I don't know if it was husband and wife or sisters, but it was very, very close and you loved each other dearly. This may sound really far fetched, but I got that she stares at you because she wants you to remember. She says she loves you. That you are the light of her life.She wanted to be with you so much in this lifetime, that she was willing to take any form to get there and so she ended up a horse, which she is not all that happy about, because you cannot be in as close a relationship as you were previously.

She says she does feel better on the meds, but not great. Says she's feeling old and tired these days. I got that she is depressed. Don't know if the meds can cause that or if it is from the species separation.

She says she is warm enough, but that a blanket does feel comforting. Got not all the time, just sometimes.

I saw her just hanging her head moping. This may not be literal, but could be internalized. I also got that she feels a tightness in her muscles, like they don't relax properly anymore.

She says she likes oats, carrots and apples for treats.

For the nickname. I was just sitting thinking about her one morning and I thought about the nickname and Pookie came to mind. When I actually asked in the session I got Mrs. D.

She says the reason she nips at the other horses is that she is sad and expresses it as anger towards the other horses.

I understand that you are a communicator yourself (since you posted this under the communicators section). I would talk to her and try to connect with her and see if you can get anything that will help you remember more clearly. I would also let her know it is OK that she is a horse. That you love her.

Of course she said that she wanted me to tell you that she loves you.

For the equine Cushing's disease. I did a little reading on it, after I did the session. You might want to look into Quantum-Touch. It is a form of energy healing. You could use the techniques on TP and see if you can't help her body normalize itself through the use of energy. If this is outside your box of comfort, then just let it drop. We have used it for years and find it quite amazing.

Let me know how I did. I really felt her so strongly, but I could be way off base.

Debra

January 31, 2006, 10:11:19 PM
Reply #11
Hi Debra,

Finally I have some alone time and can respond to your wonderful contact.

This is kind of chilling as it could mean we were together in this lifetime or another. As I told you I thought that we may have been together before somewhere in some lifetime, like I knew her and knew what she was thinking, kind of.

You say she had a deep seated sadness when you contacted her. I sometimes feel she is sad when I leave her after our riding or lunging in the round pen or just hanging out. And then she stares at me over the gate. I can see her from my kitchen window. I had this place fashioned for  me being able to see my horses from the windows and only 40 steps away.

My sister died a sudden violent death in 1981 and Ten Promises was born in 1985. Seven days before my birthday. She could be sis in this horse body. I don't know. I only know we have have a close relationship.

In fact she came up for sale one time and I could not afford her. I saw her in a trade paper, looked at her for some reason and found I couldn't not have her. One year later, I found her in a trade paper for sale again. Had not found a horse I wanted to buy in that year and there she was again. The add said, "Ten Promises is for sale". Went to the new barn to look at her and for some reason, I had to have her. She was in foal and I was going to sell the baby after weaning. I just enjoyed riding her in the interim. It was strange. She was in a boarding stable and I kept her there. They turned out the mares in foal on a hill on 20 acres. I would go and visit and hope she was down the hill by the fence and she always was for some reason. And I remember one time distinctly..... she was at the bottom of the hill and I pulled up in my truck and called her, she always came when I did even tho she was a new horse for me. And one day all the mares were running up the hill to go to the other side to follow the lead mare and she just hung back and kept looking over her shoulder. We were talking over the fence and sharing carrots. She would share hugs and lick my hand. After a while I knew she wanted to go with the others and I said you can go now. She started to go and came back and gave me one more hug with her head over my shoulder then she turned and galloped off to join the others. I will never forget it and will cherish that. She was 4 k in 1992 and that was a lot of money for me at that time.
Never the less, I got her. And to this day I have the son she gave birth to. So the three of us are together among others.

So she may not be happy in this horse body, but I do my best to take care of her. She is even on meds that cost 100 per month for the Equine Cushing Disease. I will have her till the end. She is doing well at this time.

She seems very healthy and fiesty. I have been exercising her more since your correspondence and tying to spend more time. She seems a
little less depressed. Her muscles may seem better to her now that she is moving more. She gets worked in the round pen with me 2  X a day now. Some times she gets mad and just gallops out when I have asked her to trot. Finally she will do the trot. We share cool down time and walk around for several minutes and she gets 3  horse cookies at the end with her meds. She knows this routime. She is too smart.

I have told her it is okay to be a horse, she couldn't be anything better to be with me. I will always care for her and enjoy her company. And I love her like no other. She knows that. She is my dream horse. All mine, and we don't have to impress anyone.

I was going to look into Quantum_Touch. Do you have any links you could send?  I would be willing to look into it.

Thank you for the contact. I am thinking she feels better know since you enlightened  me.

Thank you
Jackie

February 01, 2006, 01:05:30 AM
Reply #12
  • Suit of Swords
I am glad that some of what I wrote rang true. I am also glad to hear that she seems happier now. There is a national web site for Quantum-Touch at http://www.quantumtouch.com. There is a book you can buy to learn the technique. It is quite thorough, as the author, a close friend of my husband now, does not believe in holding things back. There are also video workshops and live workshops available, but I don't know about in your area. They are listed on the web site as well. It is a great tool to have for both people and animals and all you need are two hands and being able to breathe. Of course there is a little more to it than that, but even children as young as 8 years old have easily learned it. You can even use it on yourself.

I think that everyone should know how to do this as it can be a lifesaver and certainly cuts down on pain and suffering.

I am glad to hear that Ten Promises is feeling so much better and full of life. When I can help an animal even a little it is a great feeling.

Debra