Author Topic: Cricket & Hondo  (Read 2518 times)

September 02, 2004, 11:43:47 PM
  • Suit of Pentacles
Two horsies if you'd like to practice:

Cricket is a slim Chestunt Arab/Quarter (mostly Arab) approx 14 3H
She has a white blaze and one while sock, many colors in her mane.  She was a rescue, we think she's about 10 (good question to ask.) and has a scarring on her left rear hind leg. Her "mom" is Diann.

Hondo is her stable mate, a well-fed, handsome Arab/Appaloosa  approx 15 1H.   He is dark bay with some roaning and white spots. His human "mom" is Leela, and his "aunts" are Leslie and Stine.

They live in Simi Valley.

Let me know if you need any other information.  

Good Luck!!

October 05, 2004, 12:20:31 PM
Reply #1
  • Administrator
  • Major Arcana
  • Life is a journey, not a destination
    • Pawstalk Animal Communication & Reiki
  • Animals: 2 Male Cats: Cuba & Makana
Quote from: "Diannsong"
Cricket is a slim Chestunt Arab/Quarter (mostly Arab) approx 14 3H
She has a white blaze and one while sock, many colors in her mane.  She was a rescue, we think she's about 10 (good question to ask.) and has a scarring on her left rear hind leg. Her "mom" is Diann.

Hi Diann.

I talked to Cricket (finally!) :-)

She seems like she has  a very young and playful personality. And very talkative.  She immediately talked about the scar and said it was from a spur, is that right?  She said her last owner was cruel and then she said, "But I love Diann."  

She said she is very young at heart.  She said she is 11 years old.  She also seems somewhat feisty.  I didn't take that to mean in an angry way, though.  

She said "My mom talks to me.  She doesn't trust that she hears me, but she does."  She said she loves her carrots. (She seems very expressive.)  She said Hondo and her get along.  She said they are not best friends, but she said she likes him.  She said that she did have a good friend once, but she doesn't know what happened to her.

I asked how she was rescued.  Please confirm or deny if any of this is accurate.  She said that she was being terribly abused so they (whoever 'they' are) took her to a shelter.  She said the good friend she spoke of was at the shelter.  

She said that you were at the fence and that she picked you to be her person.  She said that she walked over to you and told you that she would like to go home with you.  She said that she knew you were good at heart.  She said that she bumped your arm with her nose.

She said of her surroundings: There are rolling hills in the distance, sometimes green, sometimes brown. (The brown might have been my conscious mind bleeding through.)  There is a long white stable and a house in the distance.  She said she is boarded at someone's house, but I didn't understand if that meant your house or not.  

She said she doesn't mind the saddle, but the bit hurts sometimes on the lower right.  She said she likes it when you hug her. (I saw this as you hugging her neck.)  She said "I feel her love."

When asked if there was anything else she'd like me to tell you, she said, "just that I love her and thanks for taking me home."  She then added, "I like to play."

Diann, I know nothing about horses.  This is the first one I've talked to and she seemed so open and available.  Let me know if I got anything right.

Best,
Caat
Animal Communication & Reiki: http://www.pawstalk.net
Psychic/Medium: http://www.spiritcaat.com
Metaphysical Network of Sites: http://www.lisalarson.net

October 05, 2004, 06:51:32 PM
Reply #2
  • Suit of Pentacles
Hi Diann.

I talked to Cricket (finally!)  THANKS!!

She seems like she has a very young and playful personality.

YES INDEEDY!

And very talkative. She immediately talked about the scar and said it was from a spur, is that right?
LYDIA SAID IT WAS FROM A TRAILER ACCIDENT, BEING HAULED IN AN OLD STOCK CATTLE TRAILER.  HER PRIOR TRAINER SAID THEY THOUGHT SHE WAS HAULED IN A PICK UP TRUCK AS A YEARLING.  iT IS ON HER HIND, SO NOT IN A PLACE WHERE A RIDERS SPUR WOULD BE.

She said her last owner was cruel and then she said, "But I love Diann."

CRICKET HAD A FEW OWNERS BEFORE ME.  THE TRAINER WHO GAVE HER TO ME USED HER FOR A SCHOOL HORSE AND WAS VERY KIND TO HER, HOWEVER, ONE MAN HE SOLD HER TO, WAS VERY ROUGH ON HER, SO JOHN CAME AND GAVE THE MAN HIS MONEY BACK AND BROUGHT HER BACK TO HIS PLACE, WHERE I MET HER.

She said she is very young at heart. She said she is 11 years old. She also seems somewhat feisty. I didn't take that to mean in an angry way, though.  

THE VET THIS WEEK THOUGHT SHE WAS AROUND 12 -- SO YOU'RE DOING GREAT!  AND YES, SHE IS VERY ENERGETIC!

She said "My mom talks to me. She doesn't trust that she hears me, but she does." THANKS ;-)

She said she loves her carrots.

OH YES!!!  (She seems very expressive.)

She said Hondo and her get along. She said they are not best friends, but she said she likes him.

THEY ARE PRETTY BONDED, HOWEVER HE CAN GET A LITTLE BOTHERSOME ON THE TRAIL, ALWAYS TRYING TO NIP HER.  (SHE LETS HIM HAVE IT WHEN THEY GET HOME ;-)

She said that she did have a good friend once, but she doesn't know what happened to her.  I asked how she was rescued. Please confirm or deny if any of this is accurate. She said that she was being terribly abused so they (whoever 'they' are) took her to a shelter. She said the good friend she spoke of was at the shelter.

I'M A BIT HAZY ON HER HISTORY BEFORE THE JOHN, THE TRAINER, HOWEVER I DO KNOW THE NEIGHBOR ACROSS THE STREET RESCUED HER BEFORE JOHN, THE TRAINER TOOK HER.  SO THE SHELTER COULD HAVE BEEN THE TEMPORARY STAY AT BEV'S HOUSE.  I'M NOT SURE OF THE FRIEND SHE SPEAKS OF.

She said that you were at the fence and that she picked you to be her person. She said that she walked over to you and told you that she would like to go home with you. She said that she knew you were good at heart. She said that she bumped your arm with her nose.

BOTH JOHN AND LYDIA HAVE TOLD ME THAT CRICKET PICKED ME.

She said of her surroundings: There are rolling hills in the distance, sometimes green, sometimes brown. (The brown might have been my conscious mind bleeding through.) YOU'RE RIGHT ON -- SHE LIVES IN SIMI VALLEY.  THERE ARE ROLLING HILLS, SOMETIMES GREEN AND SOMETIMES BROWN.  

There is a long white stable and a house in the distance. SHE IS LOOKING AT THE NEIGHBORS HOUSES.  THERE ARE SEVERAL LONG WHITE BARNS AND HOUSES IN THE DISTANCE.  HER ROW OF SILVER SHELTERS MAY ALSO LOOK WHITE TO HER.  

She said she is boarded at someone's house, but I didn't understand if that meant your house or not.  SHE LIVES AT LESLIE'S HOUSE.  

She said she doesn't mind the saddle, but the bit hurts sometimes on the lower right. iNTERESTING -- I JUST CHANGED THE POSITION OF THE BIT.  

She said she likes it when you hug her. (I saw this as you hugging her neck.)  She said "I feel her love."  BIG SMILES!!!!  I LOVE TO HUG HER!

When asked if there was anything else she'd like me to tell you, she said, "just that I love her and thanks for taking me home." She then added, "I like to play."  SHE DOES LOVE TO PLAY, AND WILL OFTEN RUN AND PRANCE AROUND WHEN LESLIE COMES DOWN TO FEED.

Diann, I know nothing about horses. This is the first one I've talked to and she seemed so open and available. Let me know if I got anything right.  CRICKET IS AN AWESOME HORSE -- AND YOU DID GREAT!

THANKS SO MUCH!!

DIANN

October 23, 2004, 06:16:04 PM
Reply #3
Hello,
Although I have been around horses all my life, this is the first one I have done a reading on. I didn't read any of the other replies before I did this.
Let me know how I do.

When I approached Cricket to talk to her she nuzzled me with her nose and then we blew into each others nostrils. She is very sweet and affectionate.

I see her looking over a stall door and I feel like she is indoors part of the time.

Criket is like a little kid with Hondo and he the big brother. She follows him around asking for attention. I see him letting her eat on his pile of hay so they must get along fairly well.

The barn I am seeing seems like a large barn that many people would share. I see a concrete walkway down the middle about 8 feet wide. Some one with a wheel barrel cleaning stalls.

The scar on her left leg seems to go from her fetlock to her hock. I asked her how it happened and she shows me herself backing out of a trailer. If that is how it happened it doesn’t seem to bother her because she says she is okay in trailers. Her white sock seems to be on her right hind leg.

I see ribbons and get the feeling that she is taken to some fun, local, no too serious horse shows. Cricket seems to like it.

It seems Diann spends a lot of time braiding her forelock. She really likes you. She shows me that you keep treats in your pocket and she uses her lips to try to get at them. She is very smart.

I asked her how she was for riding and she says she is still a bit “all over the place.”

I feel the reason she was taken from her last home was because she was not being fed. I see her with her ribs showing, she has a winter coat.

Thanks, Lisa.

October 23, 2004, 07:00:26 PM
Reply #4
  • Suit of Pentacles
HI LISA,

GOOD JOB!!  I PUT REPLIES IN CAPS SO YOU CAN SEE THEM EASIER.  YOU DID REALLY WELL.

Quote from: "Lisa"
Hello,
Although I have been around horses all my life, this is the first one I have done a reading on. I didn't read any of the other replies before I did this.  Let me know how I do.

When I approached Cricket to talk to her she nuzzled me with her nose and then we blew into each others nostrils. She is very sweet and affectionate.
MOST DEFINITELY.

I see her looking over a stall door and I feel like she is indoors part of the time.  

HER PIPE CORRAL SHELTER IS FAIRLY LARGE.  THE DOOR IS ALWAYS OPEN SO SHE CAN GO IN AND OUT AT WILL.  WHEN YOU COME DOWN THE HILL TO THEIR AREA, SHE IS USUALLY LOOKING OVER HER PIPE CORRAL OR GATE TO SAY 'HI'.

Criket is like a little kid with Hondo and he the big brother. She follows him around asking for attention. I see him letting her eat on his pile of hay so they must get along fairly well.

THEY ARE VERY BONDED AND GET ALONG WELL.  THEY MOST DEFINITELY PLAY.  SHE THINKS HE IS HANDSOME, HOWEVER, SHE IS THE BOSS.  HE LETS HER EAT BECAUSE SHE MAKES FACES AT HIM IF HE DOESN'T.  THEY OFTEN TRADE PLACES WHILE EATING.

The barn I am seeing seems like a large barn that many people would share. I see a concrete walkway down the middle about 8 feet wide. Some one with a wheel barrel cleaning stalls.

IT IS A PRIVATE HOME, WITH THREE GROUND LEVELS:  (1)HOUSE-- HIGHEST, (2)WOODEN BARN--MIDDLE, (3)PIPE SHELTERS & LARGE CORRAL-LOWER.  A CEMENT DRIVEWAY, OPENING INTO A GROOMING AREA CONNECTS THE HOME (HIGHEST) AND THE WOODEN TWO HORSE BARN (MIDDLE).  THROUGH A CHAIN LINK GATE, A NARROW DIRT PATH LEADS DOWN A FAIRLY STEEP HILL TO CRICKET AND HONDO'S PIPE CORRAL SHELTERS CONNECTING TO A LARGE DIRT CORRAL (LOWER).  THERE ARE FOUR NICE SIZE PIPE STALLS, ALTHOUGH JUST THE TWO HORSES LIVE THERE.  AT ONE TIME ABOUT FOUR YEARS AGO, THE CORRAL WAS EXTENDED AND THERE WERE 8 HORSES IN THAT AREA.

ON THE MIDDLE LEVEL, WHERE WE TACK UP, THE REFRIGERATOR WITH SPECIAL TREATS IS IN A COVERED AREA BETWEEN THE UNOCCUPIED WOODEN STALLS.  THIS IS UP ON THE CONCRETE DRIVEWAY.  CRICKET OFTEN WALKS WITH ME BY THE BARN, TO THE TACK AREA BETWEEN THE STALLS FOR TREATS.  THE DRIVEWAY GOES UP TO THE FRONT OF THE HOUSE, AND IS QUITE WIDE AT THE BARN NARROWING UP BESIDE THE HOUSE.

The scar on her left leg seems to go from her fetlock to her hock. I asked her how it happened and she shows me herself backing out of a trailer. If that is how it happened it doesn’t seem to bother her because she says she is okay in trailers. Her white sock seems to be on her right hind leg.

THE SCAR IS ON HER HIND QUARTERS, THE LEFT ONE PREDOMINATELY.  THIS HAPPENED BEFORE I KNEW HER, AND I HAVE BEEN TOLD ITWICE THAT T WAS A TRAILERING ACCIDENT.  SHE NOW TRAILERS BEAUTIFULLY, AND YOU ARE RIGHT -- IT DOESN'T SEEM TO BOTHER HER UNLESS I ACCIDENTALLY BRUSH TOO HARD IN THAT AREA.

I see ribbons and get the feeling that she is taken to some fun, local, no too serious horse shows. Cricket seems to like it.  

YES, WE DID GYMKHANA FOR ABOUT TWO YEARS, AND SHE BROUGHT HOME MANY RIBBONS.  SHE STILL ALWAYS WANTS TO GO IN THE RING WHEN WE GO PAST IT.  SHE STILL LOVES IT, ALTHOUGH WE NO LONGER SHOW.  

It seems Diann spends a lot of time braiding her forelock.

WHILE I DON'T REALLY BRAID IT, I DO PET, COMB, FUSS OVER AND LOVE IT A LOT.  

She really likes you. She shows me that you keep treats in your pocket and she uses her lips to try to get at them. She is very smart.  YES TO ALL OF THAT.

I asked her how she was for riding and she says she is still a bit “all over the place.”  

I WOULD BE INTERESTED TO KNOW WHAT SHE WOULD SAY IF YOU WOULD ASK HER TO ELABORATE ON THAT.  I'LL WAIT TO ANSWER THIS ONE TO SEE WHAT YOU GET THE SECOND ROUND.

I feel the reason she was taken from her last home was because she was not being fed. I see her with her ribs showing, she has a winter coat.

SHE DOES TEND TO BE A LEAN GIRL, NO MATTER HOW MUCH OR WHAT WE FEED HER, SO YOU ARE LIKELY CORRECT.  WE GIVE HER EXCELLENT SUPPLEMENTAL FEED, AND I THINK SHE WAS JUST GETTING HAY BEFORE.

Thanks, Lisa.

GOOD JOB, LISA!

DIANN

October 24, 2004, 11:09:27 AM
Reply #5
Hi again Diann,
thanks for your quick response. I did go back and ask Cricket what she meant by “all over the place”  
It has nothing to do with how she is on a trail ride. She says she is very curious on the trail and not spooked by much.
What she shows me is you working her in the corral. I feel like you may be trying to teach her to collect. I see her nose and neck stretched out.  She is not contained front to back or side to side. As a horse trainer I would say, get off and get her moving away from pressure on the ground first. Also you can get her flexing at the pole by standing beside her and gently wiggle the bit.
Hope I am right about that.

Then I had a go at Hondo. As you have told me a lot about where they live I tried to pick up other information.

Hondo is a bit of a character. I feel there is a bit of a past with him. He doesn’t like his head fussed with the way that Cricket does - and he doesn’t do all that nibbling with his lips.

I give him an apple and then he pushes me quite strongly with his head to ask for more.

Leela seems to be quite tall and lanky wit short brown hair. She doesn’t seem to fuss over him. She gives him a quick brush and then saddles him up in a western saddle.

I see her and Hondo head out on a trail ride alone. Cricket does not always go along.
He likes going on trail rides. He seems to be a bit uncomfortable to ride. Even his canter seems a bit jerky.

I don’t think he has always been with Leela. He seems to be all business. I would say he was ridden by men before, perhaps on a cattle ranch. He seems to be about 15 years.

I see Leela practicing barrels on him. He is just learning.

He loves being brushed after the ride. I see him standing very quietly and relaxed. I see him getting hosed down and at first he doesn’t like it but he takes it fairly well.

I see Leela in front of him. He is resting the front of his face in her chest. He trusts her now but it took him a while to feel this way.