Author Topic: Simon  (Read 1693 times)

December 12, 2011, 10:22:56 AM
  • Suit of Pentacles
  • Welcome
    • Crusaders for a Pristine Animal World
  • Animals: two cats, two chihuahuas
Hi everyone,

here is new kitty Simon.   He is about 7 months old and we have had him one month.  He is with another cat and two dogs.  Things are brilliant and I wanted to just say hello to him and find out a bit a more about him.  Anything would be just lovely.  Also it would be nice to know if he really is my old cat Elibrown back for another lifetime with me.

Cheers,
Elizabeth
In love and light,
Elizabeth

December 12, 2011, 09:34:29 PM
Reply #1
  • Suit of Pentacles
  • Welcome
Hi Elizabeth!  Tami here.  Connected with Simon tonite:

I got that he knows you real well, I even heard the words "it's about time you found me!"  I feel he's curious and mischevious.  Wants to get to know the other animals, is a bit afraid of/timid around one of the dogs.  Wants your help with that.
- likes to jump on things
- very energetic
- likes to play with little ring thingies (almost like the pop top rings from soda cans)
-he's working out where he can scratch his claws.
- he's sad about leaving someone behind at previous place he lived.  At first I thought it was another cat but don't know if it is a human or another animal.

Elizabeth, so good to see your name.  Didn't get much info. on this short little life he's had so far.  Is he by chance a Rescue House kitty?  and if so what was his name before?

Hugs,  Tami 

December 14, 2011, 09:48:39 AM
Reply #2
  • Suit of Pentacles
  • Welcome
Tami,

thank you so very much!  You were spot on!!!!  He is just as you say, lively house kitty.  He was given to us by a lady who said she just couldn't keep him anymore and she just dropped him off one night.  I knew right away he was mine.  He was of course sad, very sad for a few days, but he just kinda knew he was were he was supposed to be.

One of the dogs, Juno - who you read before does chase him and he is a bit afraid of him but he is getting better.  I don't encourage Juno to chase him - anymore :)

He loves to jump on things and uses the entire house as his playground. He just slides into the kitchen and voila he is on the counter eating anything he can.  He has a ferocious appetite!

He did leave behind two humans and two dogs.  He was very happy there.  So I believe this is his 3rd home as she got him from somebody else.  I just don't think he grew into the cat she had in mind.  I know she didn't tell us the truth when she came over, but it didn't matter.  She was purely the wonderful vehicle to get this little guy to me.

We do have two children coming to stay for 10 days and I wanted to let him know this so he wasn't too shocked.  They will chase and want to pick him up and of course that will be stressful for me and him.  Maybe you could help with that?

Thank you so much again and stay connected!!

In love and light,
Elizabeth

December 14, 2011, 09:50:08 AM
Reply #3
  • Suit of Pentacles
  • Welcome
Oh and his name was Percy before :)
In love and light,
Elizabeth

December 16, 2011, 07:40:10 AM
Reply #4
  • Suit of Pentacles
  • Welcome
Elizabeth,  Thank you so much for that great validation.  It feels so good to hear I was "spot on", gives me confidence in this unique arena.  I will try to connect again w/Simon soon & tell him not to be afraid of the kiddies. 

Isn't this forum a wonderful place to practice?!

Hugs,  Tami

December 17, 2011, 03:40:41 PM
Reply #5
  • Suit of Pentacles
  • Welcome
Tami,

I love this forum!  What a gift it is.  Keep up the good work Tami.  The animal kingdom needs you   :)!

Elizabeth
In love and light,
Elizabeth

December 17, 2011, 09:11:54 PM
Reply #6
  • Suit of Pentacles
  • Welcome
Hi Elizabeth,  thank you for those words of encouragement.  If it weren't for this forum I probably wouldn't be practicing very much and the momentum might fade away.         Connected with Simon again:

The first thing I got is that he's having fun.  When I asked how he's feeling he said he's getting more comfortable there.  I told him 2 kids would be staying there and they will want to pick him up & play w/ him.  I told him to let them play and for him to have fun with them and be relaxed about it.  I asked what is main thing he wants them to know - "let me jump and wiggle away when I want"
I asked his favorite activity and he said jumping on things & sliding (I may have gotten sliding 'cause you mentioned he slides on counter)
he doesn't like to be brushed.
I asked if there's anything he wants - wants more goldfish (I saw the cracker kind!)
I asked his favorite place to sleep and I saw him curled up on the couch, right next to the armrest.

Hope the visit with the kids goes well, I think it will, as young kids energy level will match his.

I would really like to get together with you one of these days, maybe we can meet at Dexter's sometime.  I liked your idea of a gathering of like minded people.

Have a great holiday!

Warm hugs,  Tami

December 18, 2011, 05:20:42 PM
Reply #7
  • Suit of Pentacles
  • Welcome
Tami,

you are so spot on.  He does not like to be brushed at all and he loves to run and slide.  Funny little guy.  Kewl beans about the wiggling and letting go.  The kids are good about that.  He does like to sleep right beside the arm rest on the couch in my office.  That is funny about the goldfish.  I'll get him some. 

I would love to start a monthly get-together for practice and I got the ok from Tori to use the Dexter's patio.  We could do Sunday's around noon and as long as we have some warm tea and our jackets it would be fine.  Or we can do somebody's house, just so we keep the momentum going.

Thank you SO MUCH again for your gift of animal communication, you can't imagine how much it helps.

Elizabeth
In love and light,
Elizabeth