Author Topic: Anyone want to practice with George?  (Read 2764 times)

March 22, 2011, 08:11:55 PM
This is one of my parents' cats.  I'm not sure how talkative he'll be, he might be a tough customer.  He's a neutered male, named George, approximately 5 or 6 years old. 

Questions I can verify:
1.  What is his home like?
2.  What are his nicknames?
3.  What was his life like before he came to live at my parents' house?

Things I'd like to know:
1.  Why does he seem to dislike me (Lauren) so much?  Why is he such a grump when I'm around?  What have I (Lauren) done that he hasn't forgiven me for?
2.  Why is he a bully to the other cats?

If he'll talk to anyone, he might be interesting. 

Tried to upload a pic, but it exceeds the size limit.  He's all black. 

March 29, 2011, 03:18:48 PM
Reply #1
  • Administrator
  • Major Arcana
  • Life is a journey, not a destination
    • Pawstalk Animal Communication & Reiki
  • Animals: 2 Male Cats: Cuba & Makana
Hi Nera's Mommy.

Where does George live? That will help people. Also, let me know what the upload problem is. I will attempt to fix it, or you can email me a photo and I'll upload it for you.

Best,
Caat
Animal Communication & Reiki: http://www.pawstalk.net
Psychic/Medium: http://www.spiritcaat.com
Metaphysical Network of Sites: http://www.lisalarson.net

March 29, 2011, 04:43:31 PM
Reply #2
  • Suit of Pentacles
    • My F B
  • Animals: A cat, Own a dog, live with 3 dogs
Exceeds the size limit?
A highly recomended little program called  IRFANVIEW  has  resizing ability
If this part of tech is beyond you,   you can email the photo to a freind......ask them to shrink it.
----------------------
Perfumes,  odors from your house or pet(s)  excessive static in dry air/climatee--[shocking when you touch]
you might have  a limp, or other such  "differences"  from his others he knows

.....I may be way off the mark here, but here's anothe angle:

He may just be   "pushin your buttons".......If you've ever    "whined" to him about him avoiding
you,  that can prompt a cat to repeat the action
DO   NOT  fret about cat's  attitude towards you.  never drop your smile when cat avoids you
Don't   'put on'  extra sweet niceness trying to win the cat over.
pets develop a barely percievable  distrust of anyone who puts on a  'front'
You naturally like cats.....just use your true peersonality around him.
dont change behaviour trying to hide something from cat.
.......Talk to him alot......doesnt have to be rational sentences......just so long as he hears your natural nice-ness coming through.
Just shrug it off whenever he walks away.......dont vocalize about it--(him walkin off)--.........you will get plenty more chances to talk to him

March 29, 2011, 09:19:24 PM
Reply #3
  • Administrator
  • Major Arcana
Re: the upload: I was actually curious if it was an issue with the forum, which it shouldn't be because I just increased the size of the files that can fit in each person's folders. But it would be nice to know, so I can at least check it from my end.

March 29, 2011, 10:28:18 PM
Reply #4
  • Administrator
  • Major Arcana
A highly recomended little program called  IRFANVIEW  has  resizing ability.
Just looked this up, and it looks good, but it's not Mac compatible. If you have a Mac, you can just do it through Preview, which comes standard on all Macs, and will also shrink .pdfs.

Caat

March 29, 2011, 10:55:40 PM
Reply #5
  • Suit of Swords
Things I'd like to know:
1.  Why does he seem to dislike me (Lauren) so much?  Why is he such a grump when I'm around?  What have I (Lauren) done that he hasn't forgiven me for?
2.  Why is he a bully to the other cats?

If he'll talk to anyone, he might be interesting. 

Once you get some answers, Flower Essences should help and it may also be worth considering Emotion Code or Body Code work, that is amazing - releases trapped emotions.
Muriel

March 30, 2011, 04:13:27 AM
Reply #6
George lives in mid-Michigan, near Lansing. 

As for the upload issues, it was over the max attachment size of 500KB.  I just resized it and am trying again. 

March 30, 2011, 04:56:03 AM
Reply #7
  • Suit of Pentacles
    • My F B
  • Animals: A cat, Own a dog, live with 3 dogs

......It almost looks like he's  on edge......fearing possible frights.
......I'm wondering.......how busy  or noisy is his home?  the homes next door?
....Does he doo outdoor time?........is he self assured outdoors?  or does he tend to hide mostly?

IF that sort of describes George.........
Cats that are expecting noises  or  frights are always going to bolt when  visitors arrive.
WHENEVER  he's in hearing range,  let calm, positive  praise flow.
---(you are the great all seeing, all knowing one  .......Cat should hear that you  know his inner being and how  GRAND  it is.
He may or may not ever buddy up with you, but your  'vibes'   WILL be noticed by him.

George lives in mid-Michigan, near Lansing. 

As for the upload issues, it was over the max attachment size of 500KB.  I just resized it and am trying again. 

March 30, 2011, 09:39:15 AM
Reply #8
  • Apprentice
Hi, thank you for the opportunity to connect with George!

Nicknames: marmaduke...spook came to me
I saw him in a large meadow, hiding under bushes and frightened of cars or tractors.
Also saw him in a house with a garden and fountain, laying on his back in the sunlight coming through a window.
He likes to be a stealth ninja, hiding, watching everything, then jumping out.
He thinks dogs are rather stupid.
Likes to climb around on the counters when he can, especially at night, likes cottage cheese and a special box..
He doesn't like the way Lauren smells...some kind of perfume, deodorant or cream she uses.
He bullies the other cats because it's fun, he's a ninja! and he might be jealous.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 09:42:23 AM by ptinvt »

March 30, 2011, 08:38:57 PM
Reply #9
Marmaduke or Spook...hmmm, not with us.  Not sure if he may have been called that in his previous home. 

As for large meadow under bushes...did he seem kittenish when you got that?  My understanding was he was born on a farm (hence tractors were likely).  I don't think he was there too long before going where he lived for the first 3-4 years (I'm trying not to give too much about his previous home so as not to ruin a chance for verification on how he spent his first few years...I will say we know the daughter of his previous owner). 

Perhaps another question I could verify who did he live with before and what happened to his previous human?

He likes to be a stealth ninja, hiding, watching everything, then jumping out.
He thinks dogs are rather stupid.

LOL!  Most of my parents' dogs have a healthy respect for George...having been "victims" of his lying in wait for them to pass by and jumping out and bopping them.

He does like to counter surf.  I imagine he has more fun at night when people are asleep and won't squirt him with the spray bottle to get him off. 

Hmmm...I don't know what I could be using that offends him with the smell.  Maybe it's body odor?  I sometimes do tend to be a bit hygienically challenged. 

March 30, 2011, 08:56:57 PM
Reply #10
----------------------
Perfumes,  odors from your house or pet(s)  excessive static in dry air/climatee--[shocking when you touch]
you might have  a limp, or other such  "differences"  from his others he knows

I've bolded a couple parts that stood out. 

When I've tried to communicate with him, sometimes I've gotten that he may sense something that makes him uncomfortable about me.  Almost like I seem to give off "static" or some kind of "energy" that he doesn't like.  So perhaps it is shocking when I touch him. 

I also have a couple of disabilities (visual impairment and Asperger's Syndrome). 

He may just be   "pushin your buttons".......If you've ever    "whined" to him about him avoiding
you,  that can prompt a cat to repeat the action
DO   NOT  fret about cat's  attitude towards you.  never drop your smile when cat avoids you
Don't   'put on'  extra sweet niceness trying to win the cat over.
pets develop a barely percievable  distrust of anyone who puts on a  'front'
You naturally like cats.....just use your true peersonality around him.
dont change behaviour trying to hide something from cat.
.......Talk to him alot......doesnt have to be rational sentences......just so long as he hears your natural nice-ness coming through.
Just shrug it off whenever he walks away.......dont vocalize about it--(him walkin off)--.........you will get plenty more chances to talk to him

Also bolded a couple things there.

I do sometimes wonder if he's pushing my buttons, or "gets" something out of his behavior towards me. 

And about his behavior...it's not always avoiding or walking away.  Sometimes he will come right next to me, sit there, and his and growl.  He's even seemingly "sought me out" from another room to hiss and growl at me.  Sometimes he'll block my path (like in the hall) and hiss/growl, seemingly not wanting me to pass.  He sometimes bops my feet and if that doesn't stop me (from going around him) he has, on rare occasion, bitten a foot (thankfully I had shoes on). 

So quite often it does go beyond just avoidance.  I have wondered if it's possible "button pushing", because I keep thinking if he dislikes me so much (as his behavior seems to indicate), it sure is odd that he comes right up next to me to make his displeasure known. 

April 06, 2011, 05:03:57 PM
Reply #11
Hi, I got some of George's nick names as "Georgy Porgy", "George Forman", "George of the Jungle".

His home seemes like a warm dark camp with big plush furnature and a fire place.

His former home, after the farm, was with an elderly or sick person who has passed

Do you have red hair? I get the feeling that he does not like you "in his space" , either litterally in his spot, or just in the house.

George is an attention monger and does not like to share his attention with others.

April 08, 2011, 09:49:45 AM
Reply #12
My mom does call him Georgy Porgy quite a bit.  Haven't heard the others.

Yes, the house does have a fireplace.  And yes, he did live with an elderly sick person who passed. 

No red hair.