Author Topic: The Healing in helping an animal pass  (Read 1400 times)

December 02, 2011, 09:58:42 AM
  • Suit of Pentacles
  • Welcome
    • Crusaders for a Pristine Animal World
  • Animals: two cats, two chihuahuas
This Wednesday, 11.30.11 I spent the day thinking about my wonderful kitty Elibrown who had passed a year ago.  He was 14.  It was fast.  He passed in my arms at home in hospice care.  We knew we had just a few days.  I could have made it into a few weeks or months.  There was no need to extend his beautiful life.  We were both ready.  He was a champagne tabby and my perfect little boy.  We had been through so much together and he cushioned me against the loss of both parents and Fiona my eldest cat.  He carried an immeasurable weight and he did it all with such a gentle, playful spirit.  Ashami, my recently adopted 10 yr old tuxedo watched as I said goodbye to him.  He sat vigil by his side the entire time.  Ashami knew when to step in and when to leave.  Ashami grieved also.  We all did.  A year later on Elibrown's anniversary I found myself bestowed with the gift of another cat. Let's call him Simon.  He is six months old.  He is a champagne tabby.  Ashami has flourished.  Within days of new kitty Ashami was chasing, tagging, showing Simon the lay of the land.  I watched in awe as only a Mother can.  It was time.  Maybe it had been for quite a while.  Maybe it was me that wasn't ready.  Either way on the eve of Elibrown's anniversary I found myself driving down a dark road, on my way home only to see a kitty that had been hit by a car.  I turned around.  Stopped in the dark street.  Put on my blinkers and with a towel picked up the kitty, warm, bloody, leaving this world.  I sat on the side of the street, tears flowing down my face knowing there are no accidents in life.  I felt this kitty leave this world, cradled in my arms.  After a while, I wrapped him up tight, wrote a note and placed it inside.  I work at a pet store and had cat toys in my car.  I placed one in with him or her...I am not too sure.  It was very dark.  Another tuxedo I thought, another gentle soul.  What a profound experience a year later to be there to witness the never ending cycle of life and rebirth.  I placed the kitty in a safe spot, in some grass right next to an apartment complex entrance.  I knew he would be found and I hoped by the parents, because I can't imagine not being able to say goodbye.  I said a prayer and drove home to my family, feeling my heart heal and release old wounds and feeling like I had really helped today and been helped right back.

In love and light,
Elizabeth and her boyz
In love and light,
Elizabeth

December 08, 2011, 09:02:29 AM
Reply #1
  • Administrator
  • Major Arcana
  • Life is a journey, not a destination
    • Pawstalk Animal Communication & Reiki
  • Animals: 2 Male Cats: Cuba & Makana
Awww. What a blessing that kitty had to have had you there. I'm so sorry.

So happy to hear you have a new addition to the family though. That's the thing about this. It seems like this cruel twist of fate that animals lifetimes are so much shorter than ours, because we would gladly spend our whole lives with them, but the irony is, the cruelty would be if that were the case, because think of how many more animals would be without homes if they didn't leave when they did.

We never stop missing them, but look at all the other souls we are blessed to know because they have left too early for our liking.

Hugs,
Caat

Animal Communication & Reiki: http://www.pawstalk.net
Psychic/Medium: http://www.spiritcaat.com
Metaphysical Network of Sites: http://www.lisalarson.net

December 12, 2011, 09:52:24 AM
Reply #2
  • Suit of Pentacles
  • Welcome
    • Crusaders for a Pristine Animal World
  • Animals: two cats, two chihuahuas
You are so right!  I wouldn't have Simon McCroi (Simon of my heart) without losing Elibrown.   Thank you always for your supportive, kind words. 
In love and light,
Elizabeth