Author Topic: What's in a name?  (Read 2472 times)

April 29, 2012, 07:33:01 AM
  • Suit of Pentacles
  • Welcome
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with animal communication but i thought I would ask you guys.

We have a new cat at the shelter called "Patricio" he's all black apart from a few white hairs on his back. He is a special guy, he was brought in after being attacked by children, they shot him twice and broke his jaw. (this is what we have been told by the lady that brought him in and he has the injuries to match the story) I feel really attracted to him, after all he has been through he is still so gentle and loving. He has a sadness in his eyes that I hope one day will go away.

So I have been given him lots of love and everytime I go to say his name "Prince" comes into my head instead. We did have a black cat once called "Prince" so maybe its just that but I almost get the impression he is correcting me when I call him "Patricio". Or not ;D It might just be me thinking to myself. What do you think?

If that is the name he prefers I would like to change it on his card so we can start using that instead.

April 29, 2012, 12:56:16 PM
Reply #1
  • Suit of Swords
  • Animals: Horse, Cat, Dog, Finches
To me, I would take that absolutely as a message from him! Try calling him Prince, maybe he will give you a more obvious sign that he prefers that name.

April 29, 2012, 09:49:44 PM
Reply #2
  • Suit of Cups
  • Animals: Dogs, cats, goats, horses and more
I agree. I really don't think there are coincidences, and I've also found names to be pretty important to some animals. I think there's more to them than just something to call them. I would definitely stay open to changing his name to Prince. The hard part might be explaining to the other people there why it should be changed. lol.
"If you love it enough, anything will talk with you." -George Washington Carver

May 01, 2012, 05:55:24 PM
Reply #3
  • Administrator
  • Major Arcana
  • Life is a journey, not a destination
    • Pawstalk Animal Communication & Reiki
  • Animals: 2 Male Cats: Cuba & Makana
If that is the name he prefers I would like to change it on his card so we can start using that instead.
Yes. Names are so important. If he prefers to be considered "A Prince", I think you should honor it. :)
Animal Communication & Reiki: http://www.pawstalk.net
Psychic/Medium: http://www.spiritcaat.com
Metaphysical Network of Sites: http://www.lisalarson.net

May 02, 2012, 10:20:31 AM
Reply #4
  • Suit of Pentacles
  • Welcome
Thanks everyone for the replies.

Beautyistruth luckily for me I am the cattery manager so I can change the name on his card and don't have to give a reason, even though I might tell them why just to see the look on the faces ;D

If that goes down well I might tell them about the male dog that has come in that has a pink collar on, I am sure he has something to say about that ;D

January 13, 2013, 02:24:42 PM
Reply #5
  • Suit of Cups
  • Animals: Dogs, cats, goats, horses and more
I haven't been on here in a while and I was just wondering if you ever changed his name to Prince and how he's doing.
"If you love it enough, anything will talk with you." -George Washington Carver