Author Topic: When an animal spirit returns to us...  (Read 1673 times)

January 30, 2012, 03:37:06 PM
  • Suit of Pentacles
  • Welcome
  • Animals: 2 dogs, 1 cat
I am fascinated with thought that our animal friends might have been with us at another time in this life (or another).   I can't stop wondering, "how do they 'find' us?"  In some of the stories I've read, the animal may have taken a very circuitous route to be reunited with their person (e.g., reborn as a completely different looking animal, adopted by one family, given up, spent time in a shelter, and then their person comes in and chooses them).  It makes one think that everything is predestined, but I just don't believe that.  We make choices every day that shape our lives.  What are your thoughts and experiences with this?  Thanks for sharing! CL

January 30, 2012, 07:11:53 PM
Reply #1
  • Suit of Cups
  • Animals: Dogs, cats, goats, horses and more
CL, I'm going to give my thoughts on this, which are almost exactly like my thoughts about finding the man I'm meant to marry. In my opinion, we certainly have a choice. I agree that we choose things every day that shape our destiny. But in my view of God, He doesn't cause us to do anything, but He knows what we're going to choose/do. So if we're "meant to be" with someone (significant other, or animal friend or even human friend) we will find each other. God knows what we're each going to choose and so is able to weave those choices/our lives together at just the right point for us to meet.

I heard the world/life described as a tapestry once; all our choices and actions, even the seemingly bad ones, He weaves together for "ultimate good." If you look at the back of it, you see all those individual strands wrapped around each other, but if you look at the front it's a beautiful picture.

It's not something I fully understand but it's something I try to reconcile in my head over and over again when I start to get confused by your same question.

I wonder though, how much the choices of the animals have to do with it, though. A lot of their lives are determined by the choices of the people in their lives. The breeders, the owners, the shelter workers, the people who adopt them. So if an animal came back, I guess it would be a lot of the choices of the people that would determine his/her path to you. But of course, God would know that, too.

My head is spinning now. Lots to think about. I hope I didn't just confuse you more!
"If you love it enough, anything will talk with you." -George Washington Carver

March 04, 2012, 11:07:55 AM
Reply #2
  • Administrator
  • Major Arcana
  • Life is a journey, not a destination
    • Pawstalk Animal Communication & Reiki
  • Animals: 2 Male Cats: Cuba & Makana
I am fascinated with thought that our animal friends might have been with us at another time in this life (or another).   I can't stop wondering, "how do they 'find' us?"  In some of the stories I've read, the animal may have taken a very circuitous route to be reunited with their person (e.g., reborn as a completely different looking animal, adopted by one family, given up, spent time in a shelter, and then their person comes in and chooses them).  It makes one think that everything is predestined, but I just don't believe that.  We make choices every day that shape our lives.  What are your thoughts and experiences with this?  Thanks for sharing! CL

I've had this open on my browser for the longest time trying to find time to respond to it. First of all, I agree with BIT. Nice response.

I do believe that things can be both pre-destined and our choice. I believe that there are certain things that are pre-destined: lessons we are to learn, souls we are to reunite with. However, I believe
how
these things come about are up to us and our decisions.

Think of it this way, we have a destination on top of a mountain top. We are at the bottom of the hill and can choose to take the North Route or the East Route. The animal we're destined to be with has is taking the East Route. If we decide to take the East Route, we will meet up earlier along the way. However, if we choose to take the North Route, we may not meet up with that animal until we get to the top of the mountain, but we still meet up with them.

That's a pretty simple analogy for it, but it's sort of how I see it. They find us because they are meant to find us. But the choices we make along the way may determine when and where they find us. And, of course, which body they are in. Because they may be in one body if we meet them on the road and another body by the time they get to the top of the mountain. Does that make sense?

I do believe we have free will. But there are certain life lessons we have mapped out for ourselves and certain souls we have made soul agreements with to teach us those lessons, and us them. But one way or another, I believe we meet up. Two souls, encompassing two hearts, cannot be forever separated if they are meant to be together. :)

My take on it, your mileage may vary. ;)
Caat
Animal Communication & Reiki: http://www.pawstalk.net
Psychic/Medium: http://www.spiritcaat.com
Metaphysical Network of Sites: http://www.lisalarson.net