Author Topic: How did you...?  (Read 1808 times)

November 08, 2011, 01:39:25 PM
  • Apprentice
  • Welcome
  • Animals: 2 ponies, 2 GSDs
I'm interested to know how you got into AC.  Is it something you've always been able to do?  Did you learn via books or go to a workshop?
Where did you learn about it?

For me, one of the girls organised for a woman to come to the yard and as I knew nothing of my loan pony I agreed to have her communicate with her.  I found it fascinating and poor pony was concerned I'd get bored of her and abandon her - I was her 5th home in 4 years.  She was reassured and I thought nothing more of it.

Then a very good friend and instructor went on a course and explained about communicating via photos.  Again, I was fascinated but I believed it to be something you were born with.

I was then on a forum and people mentioned having AC talking to their horses and I started to research it.  I've had AC done with my two horses and the accuracy blew me away.  I started to read and its taken me a year to believe enough in myself to try it.

I am starting the Joanne Hull course and will be buying more books.  :)

I would love to know everyone elses stories of their journeys.
Be gentle - only starting out on my AC journey.
Level 1 - Reiki

November 08, 2011, 04:15:02 PM
Reply #1
  • Suit of Swords
  • Animals: Horse, Cat, Dog, Finches
I first heard of AC on a different forum, a member I respected spoke about having an AC talk to their horse and when I asked further had a few other stories of experiences with communicators and recommended I read "Learning Their Language" by Marta Williams. I did, and found the exercises in it to be extremely helpful.

I then read Amelia Kinkade's book, as well as any other similar books I could get my hands on. I still currently have a list that I am working slowly through.

After reading Marta's book I googled around and found this place, which has proved to be very helpful.  :)

November 09, 2011, 08:00:19 AM
Reply #2
  • Administrator
  • Major Arcana
  • Life is a journey, not a destination
    • Pawstalk Animal Communication & Reiki
  • Animals: 2 Male Cats: Cuba & Makana
I don't remember about the first time I heard about it, because for years I had talked about getting one to talk to my two cats to see if they couldn't get along better, but when one of them needed to cross, I called the woman who had helped me rescue him, she ran a rescue organization, and she sent a volunteer AC to me to help him cross.

It was one of the most amazing things I had ever seen, how my cats responded to her, she and I became friends, and she said, "If you've been doing tarot all these years, you can do this."  After that, I read several books (Marta's and Penelope's were the best), took courses with Marta and Carol Gurney and started this forum so I could practice, since I was living in a conservative area.

The irony of it was, when we moved out of that place, 3 and a 1/2 years ago, I ran across a flyer for an AC that I had picked up in a place I had lived at least 10 years prior. Maybe that's how I first heard of it, maybe that's what planted the seed.

I always loved animals but don't remember hearing them when I was little (but I don't remember a lot of my childhood) but
I now feel like I was on this path for a long time. The universe simply put the thing in front of me when I was ready to receive them.

I'm just finishing teaching a class, tomorrow's is the last one for this class, and I so love it. It's hard to believe how life can be so different from one decade to the next.

Caat
Animal Communication & Reiki: http://www.pawstalk.net
Psychic/Medium: http://www.spiritcaat.com
Metaphysical Network of Sites: http://www.lisalarson.net

November 09, 2011, 11:35:48 AM
Reply #3
  • Suit of Cups
  • Animals: Dogs, cats, goats, horses and more
I grew up in a household that always treated animals as family members with opinions and thoughts and feelings of their own. My parents spoke to them out loud and so my sister and I did, too. Everyone always noticed that animals responded especially well to me, and that they would do things for me that they might not for others. However, I don't know that I heard the term animal communication until I was 12 or so. I've always been an equestrian and my trainer introduced me to the concept, explaining that to ride the horse I had at the time to his full potential I needed to "get inside his head" and know what he was going to do before he did it. This is what started me on my journey, and between that special horse and trainer it led me to where I am now. I did a lot of reading and research to compare my experiences with others in those young years. It was always something that came very easily to me and I was lucky to be surrounded by adults who understood and encouraged me.
"If you love it enough, anything will talk with you." -George Washington Carver

November 23, 2011, 01:11:55 PM
Reply #4
  • Suit of Cups
  • Hello! Thanks for visiting my profile. :)
  • Animals: Guinea pig named Cappuccino, dog named Hogan
I talked to trees when I was in elementary school, and thought nothing of it. I learned about AC by a friend, and immediately picked up Marta Williams' books about it. I've been practicing it ever since. (: