Author Topic: Skeptics  (Read 1315 times)

July 20, 2011, 10:22:32 AM
  • Suit of Cups
  • Hello! Thanks for visiting my profile. :)
  • Animals: Guinea pig named Cappuccino, dog named Hogan
I'm having some trouble.

No one ever believes me when I tell them I can communicate with animals. At first, I tell them stories that have amazed me before, and they give me their own animals to practice on.

So I see if I can give them proof. I get anxious and lose my focus, and I literally can't think. Then I just end up guessing and I'm wrong and then that gives them an advantage over me.

Any suggestions?

July 20, 2011, 01:40:22 PM
Reply #1
  • Suit of Pentacles
  • Welcome
Hi Queen,

I have exactly the same problem people think I'm bonkers especially my other half.

My advice is to trust in it and remember all those hits you've had where you were amazed, before I do a communication I say an affirmation simply 'I communicate with animals' and do a quick mental  recap of all those times I was right. It helps me feel much more positive going into the communication.

Hope that helps.

Sue ct~

July 24, 2011, 11:37:53 AM
Reply #2
  • Administrator
  • Major Arcana
  • Life is a journey, not a destination
    • Pawstalk Animal Communication & Reiki
  • Animals: 2 Male Cats: Cuba & Makana
I'm having some trouble.

No one ever believes me when I tell them I can communicate with animals. At first, I tell them stories that have amazed me before, and they give me their own animals to practice on.

So I see if I can give them proof. I get anxious and lose my focus, and I literally can't think. Then I just end up guessing and I'm wrong and then that gives them an advantage over me.

Any suggestions?
Yes. Stop trying to prove it to anybody. There are always going to be skeptics and nothing you say or do is ever going to convince them, so why try? Understand that what they think or believe has no bearing on the truth and no bearing on your abilities.

I'm very careful who I will open up to about it anyway. Depending on who they are, I may say "I work with animals," or I'll tell them "I'm an animal communicator" and leave it at that unless they show an interest.  If they show an interest, I'll talk to them about it, but I let them take the lead. The minute I see them glazing over, I change the subject to something they can understand.

If I am challenged, I just say, I understand why you might have trouble believing it. A lot of people do. Everybody is entitled to their own beliefs. (Or something to the effect.) I NEVER try to convince anyone of anything I do.

If they want a reading and they are challenging me, I explain to them that I don't 'prove myself' to anyone, this is the way I do things and if they're not okay with that, they can have their money back.

What other people believe or don't believe about talking to animals has no basis in the reality of doing what we do. Like I say, nothing you ever do or say would convince them anyway, so why waste the energy.

Best,
Caat
Animal Communication & Reiki: http://www.pawstalk.net
Psychic/Medium: http://www.spiritcaat.com
Metaphysical Network of Sites: http://www.lisalarson.net

July 24, 2011, 04:41:53 PM
Reply #3
  • Suit of Cups
  • Hello! Thanks for visiting my profile. :)
  • Animals: Guinea pig named Cappuccino, dog named Hogan
I'm having some trouble.

Any suggestions?
Yes. Stop trying to prove it to anybody. There are always going to be skeptics and nothing you say or do is ever going to convince them, so why try? Understand that what they think or believe has no bearing on the truth and no bearing on your abilities.

I'm very careful who I will open up to about it anyway. Depending on who they are, I may say "I work with animals," or I'll tell them "I'm an animal communicator" and leave it at that unless they show an interest.  If they show an interest, I'll talk to them about it, but I let them take the lead. The minute I see them glazing over, I change the subject to something they can understand.

If I am challenged, I just say, I understand why you might have trouble believing it. A lot of people do. Everybody is entitled to their own beliefs. (Or something to the effect.) I NEVER try to convince anyone of anything I do.

If they want a reading and they are challenging me, I explain to them that I don't 'prove myself' to anyone, this is the way I do things and if they're not okay with that, they can have their money back.

What other people believe or don't believe about talking to animals has no basis in the reality of doing what we do. Like I say, nothing you ever do or say would convince them anyway, so why waste the energy.

Best,
Caat

Thanks.(: This is good advice. I tell them that I've already proved it to myself, so it doesn't matter to me whether they believe or not. It just bothers me when people call me silly because I believe in this.

July 24, 2011, 06:09:40 PM
Reply #4
  • Administrator
  • Major Arcana
  • Life is a journey, not a destination
    • Pawstalk Animal Communication & Reiki
  • Animals: 2 Male Cats: Cuba & Makana
Any sillier than believing that evolution doesn't exist and an invisible man in the sky worked for 6 days to create the earth and causes natural disasters because people believe in gay marriage? Just sayin' ;)

One person's silly is another person's core belief system.

7th principal of Huna:

Pono: Effectiveness is the measure of truth. What works for you in your life is true. You've seen the evidence of it, it works in your life, who is anyone to tell you it's silly or not true? Their truth doesn't work for you any more than your truth works for them. As long as nobody is trying to force anyone else to subscribe their belief system, there's no reason we can't all get along as reasonable people. Of course, reasonable people understand that and will never tell you you're silly for believing something like that. That should say enough. :)
Animal Communication & Reiki: http://www.pawstalk.net
Psychic/Medium: http://www.spiritcaat.com
Metaphysical Network of Sites: http://www.lisalarson.net