Author Topic: Overcoming the Fear of Posting Publicly  (Read 1478 times)

January 25, 2011, 03:38:54 PM
  • Administrator
  • Major Arcana
  • Life is a journey, not a destination
    • Pawstalk Animal Communication & Reiki
  • Animals: 2 Male Cats: Cuba & Makana
I know that it's really hard to take the leap of talking to an animal and posting it on the forum for everybody to see. My view of it is this:

-- It's a valuable risk to take because for as much embarrassment as you might feel getting something wrong, the feeling of pride and elation you feel when you get something right is head and shoulders above that embarrassment.

-- Nobody is going to die if you get something wrong, getting things wrong is a part of learning and we learn from them when other people can comment on different ways to look at something. (Nobody is going to die from embarrassment, for that matter. ;))

-- It improves your confidence.

-- It helps other people when they speak with animals because they can get 'instant feedback' after they've read for an animal.

I thought maybe we could start a thread for people who have trouble posting their readings publicly.  Aside from the fact that I request it for personal reasons -- http://spiritcaat.com/spiritcaatforum/index.php?topic=907.0 -- I think it's a valuable tool. Perhaps you guys could share with the newbies how and why you were able to overcome the fear of posting your communications publicly.

So, what advice can you give to new people coming in about posting their readings?

Animal Communication & Reiki: http://www.pawstalk.net
Psychic/Medium: http://www.spiritcaat.com
Metaphysical Network of Sites: http://www.lisalarson.net

January 25, 2011, 04:23:28 PM
Reply #1
  • Suit of Cups
  • Animals: Dogs, cats, goats, horses and more
Great idea, Caat. Speaking from personal experience, even in real life it's hard sometimes to speak up and say what you're getting, even in like-minded company. You could be wrong! What then? But I just wanted to make a few points. First, I have yet to be blatantly wrong on anything. This is not to my credit; if people honestly looked at what they thought were mistakes, they'd probably be able to say the same, because there is usually some element of truth to even things that at first seem questionable. It may not be fully right, but parts of it may be. You may not be as far off base as you thought. Also, just because you can't validate something doesn't mean it's wrong. It just means you might never know!

Posting on a board might be even more intimidating at first because not only are you putting yourself out there, you're writing it down, posting it, publishing it for all to see. But just remember what Ralph Waldo Emerson said in his (fantastic!!) essay, Self-Reliance. "Trust thyself; every heart vibrates to that iron string."

A story to illustrate: Some years ago I was talking to a horse I'd never met in person, an Arabian. During the course of the conversation, he kept showing me a picture of an Amish horse and buggy. I kept asking him why and he kept saying something like "why not?" or "because" or something equally useless. Now, I won't say I knew for a fact that this horse had never pulled an Amish buggy in his life, but knowing his owner had had him for 30 some years and knowing he was an Arabian, I can say that I had a pretty darn good idea that he hadn't even SEEN an Amish horse and buggy. But I typed it up in the e-mail I was sending to her and left on a family vacation. Now the owner of the horse worked with an animal communicator, but I still worried the whole vacation that she'd think I was crazy. An Amish horse and buggy? Really? What had I been thinking?

When we got home, I immediately checked my e-mail, and was incredibly relieved at her reply. Apparently the horse was used often during AC workshops, and whenever students tried to connect with him, he showed them a picture of an Amish horse and buggy. They too, thought they were crazy, but he gotten a good laugh out of it. She told me she had no doubt I had connected with him; the Amish buggy proved it. LOL

I repeat--"trust thyself!"
"If you love it enough, anything will talk with you." -George Washington Carver

January 25, 2011, 10:19:33 PM
Reply #2
  • Administrator
  • Major Arcana
  • Life is a journey, not a destination
    • Pawstalk Animal Communication & Reiki
  • Animals: 2 Male Cats: Cuba & Makana
... just because you can't validate something doesn't mean it's wrong. It just means you might never know!
Exactly!

Posting on a board might be even more intimidating at first because not only are you putting yourself out there, you're writing it down, posting it, publishing it for all to see. But just remember what Ralph Waldo Emerson said in his (fantastic!!) essay, Self-Reliance. "Trust thyself; every heart vibrates to that iron string."
Love it.

A story to illustrate: Some years ago I was talking to a horse I'd never met in person, an Arabian. During the course of the conversation, he kept showing me a picture of an Amish horse and buggy. I kept asking him why and he kept saying something like "why not?" or "because" or something equally useless. Now, I won't say I knew for a fact that this horse had never pulled an Amish buggy in his life, but knowing his owner had had him for 30 some years and knowing he was an Arabian, I can say that I had a pretty darn good idea that he hadn't even SEEN an Amish horse and buggy. But I typed it up in the e-mail I was sending to her and left on a family vacation. Now the owner of the horse worked with an animal communicator, but I still worried the whole vacation that she'd think I was crazy. An Amish horse and buggy? Really? What had I been thinking?

When we got home, I immediately checked my e-mail, and was incredibly relieved at her reply. Apparently the horse was used often during AC workshops, and whenever students tried to connect with him, he showed them a picture of an Amish horse and buggy. They too, thought they were crazy, but he gotten a good laugh out of it. She told me she had no doubt I had connected with him; the Amish buggy proved it. LOL

I repeat--"trust thyself!"

What a fabulous story. Yes, they do have senses of humor (and can be a little wicked ;)) sometimes, can't they? ;)

You've stated it very well. Just because someone says 'no' to you doesn't mean it's wrong. It could be that their person just just isn't making the connection, you just are interpreting it in a way they don't understand,  or even a past life that you're not recognizing, among a plethora of other things. The key is, as you say, to always trust the information. The information is correct, there just might be a lot of static on the line making it more difficult to interpret. ;)

Thanks for the great story. :)
Caat
Animal Communication & Reiki: http://www.pawstalk.net
Psychic/Medium: http://www.spiritcaat.com
Metaphysical Network of Sites: http://www.lisalarson.net

January 27, 2011, 10:07:52 AM
Reply #3
  • Suit of Cups
If you don't try, you will never learn or know what you can accomplish.  So what if you think you look foolish...you are your own worst critic.  I was embarrassed sure, but I have been here long enough that I feel comfortable in saying what I feel.  The members on this forum have shown me that we are in this together and I don't know of one critical, negative member. I am just learning Reiki and animal communication and we all have to begin at the beginning.    :)

The main thing is the animals that we can help by practicing, discussing, and sharing new ideas.  The animals will always benefit by this.
 Animals are here to teach us lessons on our journey.. such as compassion.  They are not our inferiors...we are inferior because the brains of most people do not have the ability to engage in their(superior) telepathic form of communication.  By practice and sharing on this board we can try to overcome our ignorance.  So anyone feeling shy, don't be.  We welcome your practice, your opinions, your ideas and anything else that promotes communication with our friends, the animals.

Karena
Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace.
Albert Schweitzer