Author Topic: Tiger Dream  (Read 2821 times)

November 03, 2010, 06:59:07 PM
 A few years back I had this stunning dream. It took place while I was in my darkest part of my life. In my dream, I crawled into this tunnel and it appeared that the deeper I went into the tunnel, the smaller it got. I then looked behind me and saw this magnificent tiger enter the tunnel. The tiger was not only beautiful but it was very surreal in that its legs were longer than normal. Anyways, this tiger comes up behind me but instead of pouncing on top of me, he or she just came up beside me, that's when we both looked to the direction of where we both came from. I could see this wonderful garden as well as the figure of a man walking away as well as another large surreal looking tiger walking beside him. I remember thinking if this was the world I belonged to and with that, the tiger with me disappeared. I am still very thankful for this dream although it took place years ago. Someday, I hope to see a tiger up close, be it at a zoo or wildlife sanctuary to say thank you.

November 03, 2010, 07:58:52 PM
Reply #1
  • Administrator
  • Major Arcana
  • Life is a journey, not a destination
    • Pawstalk Animal Communication & Reiki
  • Animals: 2 Male Cats: Cuba & Makana
A few years back I had this stunning dream. It took place while I was in my darkest part of my life. In my dream, I crawled into this tunnel and it appeared that the deeper I went into the tunnel, the smaller it got. I then looked behind me and saw this magnificent tiger enter the tunnel. The tiger was not only beautiful but it was very surreal in that its legs were longer than normal. Anyways, this tiger comes up behind me but instead of pouncing on top of me, he or she just came up beside me, that's when we both looked to the direction of where we both came from. I could see this wonderful garden as well as the figure of a man walking away as well as another large surreal looking tiger walking beside him. I remember thinking if this was the world I belonged to and with that, the tiger with me disappeared. I am still very thankful for this dream although it took place years ago. Someday, I hope to see a tiger up close, be it at a zoo or wildlife sanctuary to say thank you.
Beautiful. Sounds like tigers are your personal spirit guides. Who was the man in the dream? And why were you walking 'away' from the garden? What's in the garden? If you turned around and walked back, what would be there?  I love dreams like this that are just filled with such rich symbolism (not that all dreams aren't, but we don't always remember them quite in the same way.) It's almost as though it wasn't really a dream, but rather a visitation. Might be fun to journal on it if you never have.

Caat
Animal Communication & Reiki: http://www.pawstalk.net
Psychic/Medium: http://www.spiritcaat.com
Metaphysical Network of Sites: http://www.lisalarson.net

November 04, 2010, 05:03:30 AM
Reply #2
Hello Caat,
 Hmmm so far, I think the man in the dream could be my future husband and since his back is to me I can't see his face! Drat! lol!!
The garden itself is a typical beautiful garden. I never really got to fully see it so it may be symbolic for my life, since it is up to me to cultivate it.  I think I was moving away from it because I was just trying to live my life too much the wrong way, perhaps trying to live on my computer or through others? I have had other dreams that involve tigers and even other animals like butterflies or spiders and even a funny one that involves a bear. But this dream was very surreal in that the tigers actually stood about 2 1/2 times  taller than the man due to very long legs. But they were no less beautiful.

November 23, 2010, 09:38:13 PM
Reply #3
Wonder if the man was your spirit guide and he was introducing you to your Tiger Totem Guide : ) And maybe he walks with a Tiger also. 

Gardens can symbolize Earth energy and the ability to ground you, the tunnel could represent a pathway to spirit, so you had grounding (the garden/Earth) while you traveled the tunnel (spirit realms) to meet your spirit guide in animal realms/higher vibrational realms. 

When I do meditation, when I travel I have a feeling of going thru a tunnel sometimes to reach the higher vibrational realms, so this is where I am coming from saying tunnel may bring you to spirit realms.

Legs...4 legs (as on an animal, chair, table..) is significant in that is represents a square shape.  The square represents your foundation.  You want a strong foundation as opposed to a shaky one.  The extra long legs, could mean that the tiger is to offer you help in building your personal foundation stronger, offering you strength.

Interesting dream and I agree 100% with Caat that this is probably your totem animal : )   c:}
IndigoKat

November 24, 2010, 01:44:13 PM
Reply #4
  • Administrator
  • Major Arcana
  • Life is a journey, not a destination
    • Pawstalk Animal Communication & Reiki
  • Animals: 2 Male Cats: Cuba & Makana
Wonder if the man was your spirit guide and he was introducing you to your Tiger Totem Guide : ) And maybe he walks with a Tiger also. 

Gardens can symbolize Earth energy and the ability to ground you, the tunnel could represent a pathway to spirit, so you had grounding (the garden/Earth) while you traveled the tunnel (spirit realms) to meet your spirit guide in animal realms/higher vibrational realms. 

When I do meditation, when I travel I have a feeling of going thru a tunnel sometimes to reach the higher vibrational realms, so this is where I am coming from saying tunnel may bring you to spirit realms.

Legs...4 legs (as on an animal, chair, table..) is significant in that is represents a square shape.  The square represents your foundation.  You want a strong foundation as opposed to a shaky one.  The extra long legs, could mean that the tiger is to offer you help in building your personal foundation stronger, offering you strength.

Interesting dream and I agree 100% with Caat that this is probably your totem animal : )   c:}

Fabulous.

Y'know I do a garden meditation myself, but I never really thought of it in terms of earth energy and grounding. I don't know why, it's pretty obvious, I just never thought.  Thinking of it now evokes images of the Ace of Pentacles.

Lovely response.

Caat
Animal Communication & Reiki: http://www.pawstalk.net
Psychic/Medium: http://www.spiritcaat.com
Metaphysical Network of Sites: http://www.lisalarson.net

December 20, 2010, 07:23:54 PM
Reply #5
I'm not sure about the man in the dream because he has appeared in other dreams but I have never seen his face. One things I am sure of, is I think the tunnel is more negative. I was waslking away from the garden to get to the tunnel, as if I never saw it. And I think I had to turn over on my back to look at the tiger so I feel that the deeper I went into the tunnel, the further away I was getting from the garden. the tiger was telling me to turn around to go back to the garden, to really look at it. But the man, I wish I knew who he was. One of the things that I can't help but think about is when love will find me and I can get married. But I was told, when the student is ready, the teacher will appear. I hope that is true. *crosses fingers* I do love all this input!!  :)!

December 21, 2010, 07:37:58 PM
Reply #6
Hello TigerLady79,

Your dream is very interesting in regards to inner journeys, and self discovery.

The tunnel represents an inner journey that you have to, or will have to take. The longer the tunnel, the longer time is needed for self discovery. As you venture deeper and deeper through this tunnel (your unconscious), it becomes smaller and smaller. This is because the more you get to know your true self, the more you become who you really are, or want to be. Dark times in ones life are moments to reflect, mature, and change direction for a more positive tomorrow.

The tiger has a symbolic meaning in regards to your self discipline, it did not stock you, nor did it pounce for the attack, but it did walk beside you as an guide till you reached the end of the tunnel. When this inner journey is over you will see your self in a new light. The man walking away has strong meaning in regards to you getting in touch with your masculine side, male psych (your animus) This is the part of you that will allow you to become more self assertive, and more goal oriented with the ability to handle tense situations, because you will be in control.

The garden has symbolic meaning for new beginnings, and when you reach this point in your life, you will encounter new opportunities and friendships that will allow you to grow, and share your newly discovered self. After God created the havens and the earth in 7 days, God put man and woman in the garden of Eden to be a trusting friend and companion for one and other. 

December 23, 2010, 05:44:48 PM
Reply #7
Wow, that seems to make sense but it feels strange about the man because in the first dream I had with him, he appeared with one of my soul mates and my soul mate, let's call him Nick, was talking to him. *sighs* I just don't rememeber a word Nick said!!! Here's the dream, I remember being in a car and it felt like I was on a major highway of some kind and i was also facing the sun. I was also in the back seat and Nick suddenly popped out of nowhere and sat in the back with me and then, there was the man. He was standing on the driver's side outside of the car and never came in. Then all of  a sudden, Nick started talking to the man but I don't think I was paying attention because I was too busy giving Nick a hug. Nick did turn his head and smile at me. And then, I think both of them wwere gone except for this little baby who I am sure was Nick in another form. But I had this dream years ago. I just wish I could remember what Nick said. I don't really obsess about it, it's just a mystery I only ocassionally think about because I am still not sure what that dream meant. But yeah, I know completely off topic.  Anyways, the tiger dream is still one of my favorites. I do believe strongly that tigers are to help me become who  I am meant to become.  :) i still wonder if that tiger was male or female because I do want to give him or her a name lol!!  Any suggestions?  ;)

December 23, 2010, 07:45:35 PM
Reply #8
Tygerlady, dreams are intereasting messages we receive in our subconscios state when we are at our most relaxed, which is sleeping. When we dream our subconscious becomes conscious which allows us to see our manifesting reality. Normally when we dream we are viewing our past in the present, as well as future possibilities. Take these symbolic messages for what they are, but remember they are what we create for our selves.

A car is a means of transportation that allows you to move from one location to the other, and driving on a highway in a car may have a symbolic meaning towards living life on the fast lane. The sun represents consciousness, warmth, bright days ahead, as well as compassion, teamwork, and friendships.

The males that you see in your dream Tygerlady is symbolic for you getting in touch with your masculine psych, the male side of your personality, like I mentioned in my previous post. See the more you become in touch with you male psych Tygerlady, the better you will be able to understand men, and be able to establish a mature platonic relationship with them.

Weather this man you see in your dream is a soul mate or not Tygerlady, I would review it as irrelevant, because this male that you see time to time in your dreams may very well be a guide such as an ancestral spirit who is guiding you on a subconscious level. See Tygerlady when we are in our everyday conscious state, it can be very difficult to read the messages that our guides tell us, unless we have a deep understanding in metaphysics, and are able to communicate with nature, because this is how our guides will speak to us. Having the opposite sex in ones life can be soothing, and beneficial for healing especially when ones heart is feeling the pains of loneliness, but again, getting in touch with your male psych is what will allow you to have strong positive trusting relationships with men. The child's I see as a new beginning, and because it was in your dream it has a symbolic meaning in regards to mother hood,  as well as the child within your self.

You with the tiger in this dream have similar connotations with the symbolic meaning that we can learn in the Tarot Trump Strength. Basic text book meanings behind the Tarot Strength trump is as follows.

Spiritual strength, the feminine taming the instinctive, gentle mastery, courage to take risks, vitality and wholesomeness. Inner strength, friendship, consolidation of energy, force, firmness, vitality, confidence, endurance, acceptance, and self esteem.

The tiger is also this fellow you see in your dream Tygerlady, when you had this dream I assume you became interested in esoteric studies like the tarot.

The tiger has come to you because it's telling you to take the meaning of the tarot trump strength, and really apply it to your life. You seem to be to concerned in looking for Mr. Right when you should focus on being the right person, (Mrs. Right). It's so easy to get lost in a tunnel when you are looking for the right person. Creating a superficial expectation about another you have not meet can, and will only bring pain in the future. Then you will venture through the darkness of the tunnel looking for hope, looking for people to provide you answers. By doing this Tygerlady you will allow your self to become more and more submissive, angry, and you will eventually loose the faith in the opposite sex. This I see allot in many people, and it's because they fail to care to understand that a union between a man and a woman is meant to help one and other grow spiritually, and find a path through each other, as well as out side of each other, depending on how deep the two want to take the relationship.

New beginnings especially in relationships between the opposite sex requires Patience, and it's because this allows you both to really get to know each other. This man you see in your dream Tygerlady is ready for you, and this person is also a very mature and responsible individual, because the person you see is you within. This is what your dream is telling me. When you are both ready to meet, you will, and till then focus on you, focus on you being the right person. The person you love, the person that has control over their life.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 07:54:12 PM by free-spirit »

December 24, 2010, 07:21:10 PM
Reply #9
Free-spirit, you have given me much to think about. My dreams can confuse me since I have also had prophetic ones since I was about 5 years old. A lot of the time, I don't know if it is literal or symbolic. I try to keep a dream journal but since I have to go to work in the morning, I have not been able to find time to study them. I have also been trying to fine tune my intuition but it's been slow. I think tarot would be interesting as a tool in training myself to interpret symbols but I live at home and my mom worries about me. I don't want to do anything to make her think I am a witch or something. I think I was once told that I was stoned to death or burned at the stake for wanting to learn herbalism in a past life and apparently that is why I struggle with being who I am. I also guess that is why that I consider animals to be unconditional friends.  Maybe I can meet someone like me one day. I would like to learn the tarot as well as animal communication and energy healing, and heralism too. I adore nature and would love to be closer to it and Our creator as well. I obviously need to spend more time here. I wish all of you live near me for I would love to meet at least some you and just talk.  :)!  The sad thing is I have had 'friends' but they seemed to judge me although they said they wouldn't and I have felt used just because I am so..nice and have trouble speaking up for myself. I know none of you would judge me but an online life is so far away. I wish I didn't feel like the only one in Amarillo who believes as I do. I know I am as much of  Christian as those who would call my beliefs wrong.  There is so much for me to do it seems.Sorry about my rambling here. It feels good just being able to talk to someone when I need it.  Thank you. :-* cs:)

December 24, 2010, 10:52:33 PM
Reply #10
Don't worry about the rambling Tygerlady, it can serve as a useful means of expressing the frustration you hold within that you feel most people may not understand you, or how you feel about the world you are living in. On line forums are great for this, and look on the bright side no one here really knows who you are  ;D

I would say a little both in regards to dreams being literal, or symbolic, but up-keeping a dream journal every morning before work can be difficult. I feel if you remember the dreams in the morning then it has an important message for you.

Most people do get the wrong idea about the tarot, and usually label it as occult, witchery, or satanic, but now in our modern society the tarot is becoming more and more accepted, and even used as a means for psychological analysis. Their is also a reason why most religious groups force people to stay away from "occult subjects" and practises, and it's either because 1) they don't understand it, or 2) the people who are dabbling into it are not mature enough to really grasp, and understand it's purpose.

Animals are usually unconditional friends as long as you treat them well, and they wont judge you like most people do, and its because animals don't think with logic like we humans do, but with intuition which comes from the heart.

I'm going to be honest with you Tygerlady, no matter what your class, or situation is, but all friends will judge each other, good and bad, it all part of being a logical thinking being. Naturally we can be critical in our thinking with judgements, and it's because we will naturally assess people, and our environments.

The thing about Christianity today is that it's not what it was then, and people have really lost the idea of what Jesus taught, and besides religious institution's have changed since over 2000 years, and it's because once upon a time the religions that had control over society was also the political power then. In today's society it's not like this anymore, and now you can walk into any book store and purchase a wealth of literature that will confirm my beliefs. I personally believe if Jesus was alive today, Jesus would not agree with the religious institution's and practises of today, but that can be debated. 

Tygerlady, your in your early 30's, and you have the world to look forward to. You have the potential to reach your goals, and make the life you want to live, do it, and you will feel the power of your life in your control, and by the way Merry Christmas, and all the best for 2011. Peace be with you and all that you love.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 10:57:29 PM by free-spirit »

December 25, 2010, 11:02:33 AM
Reply #11
 :-* As always, thank you again Free-spirit for your kind words.  I always try to keep in mind that things have changed since my past lives but it is hard since I don't hear much in my hometown about anything that interests me!!  I am still interested in learning to develop my intuition and I have read somewhere that the tarot is a great way to begin. Is there a particular deck I need to use? I have been trying to put my goals on paper so I can tell exactly what I need to do each day and not have everything be a chore that does not lead me anywhere. And one of my first tasks with meaning is to read Donna Eden's energy Medicine for women and another is to practice talking to animals and this forum is so perfect for that.  :)! I truly hope your holiday is one that is the gift itself for you, and it continues to open itself for you into the new year.  :-*  bct~